Search Unity

Snake Island - A Challenging 3D Puzzle [Web]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by werekarg, May 20, 2021.

1. werekarg

werekarg

Play Snake Island In Your Browser!

Snake Island is a 3D puzzle game, where the goal is to guide the snake to collect the fruit. Various elements will help - or hinder - your quest, like crates, water, rebirth eggs, triggers and traps, and so on.

Currently, 20 levels are available, with maybe more to come in the future. The game may be played on mobile devices (tablets).

There are a few points to improve, like an undo system, better hidden snake head outline/highlighting and full-screen support. Perhaps in future updates. I'm welcoming any feedback, though!

Game-play video:

snake-island-screenshot-c01l10.jpg snake-island-screenshot-c01l14.jpg snake-island-screenshot-c01l17.jpg

User340, kittik and Amon like this.
  2. Amon

Amon

Lovely.

werekarg likes this.
  3. raiden

raiden

I am always amazed at games like this, but also very curious as to how the creator comes up with the puzzle designs?

This game looks great, and will for sure have it bookmarked for playing.

-Larry

werekarg likes this.
  4. JoeVanRichter

JoeVanRichter

Looking really good and fun.

werekarg likes this.
  5. werekarg

werekarg

Version 1.0.2 has been released with a couple of improvements:
    • reworked the on-screen controls: there is a 3D compass that follows the direction of the snake, hopefully it's more intuitive and usable for touch-screen devices;
    • added an undo system, with 10 undo actions per level;
    • as a consequence of the undo system, reworked the level reward system to grant a gold star if level is completed without using undo (and a silver star otherwise);
    • fixed level 8 for the trivial solution;
    • fixed an issue with the level timer not resetting in-between levels + various other fixes.
    @raiden the game has a mix of mechanics from Lime Rick, Snake Escape, Sokoban and Sokoban 3D (Fancade has a true 3D Sokoban) + some original features, so inherently, levels design can be traced back to these. For instance, the first screenshot (the vertical tower) is inspired by one level in Snake Escape - the level is 2D, but unfolding the level in the sides of the 3D block ported quite well. For the levels that require boxes to be pushed, inspiration was Sokoban, but even so, I'd start from a Sokoban layout and add/remove elements, and it might happen that it turned into something completely different. Sometimes I would stitch together 2 or more mini-puzzles (some of those vertical levels where you have to drop a box on a lower platform, for instance). It was extremely time consuming and exhausting, especially since my main is programming and ran out of inspiration at level 20 :)