Search Unity

Snake game almost finished but unplayable due to different screen resolutions

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Luca91, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Luca91

Luca91

Hello mates,
    I'm very frustrated this night.. I've almost completed to write my snake game (using texture2d) but I've just figured out that it is unplayable on different resoltuions :(
    The problem is that when I resize (with width and heigth scale method) the trunks of the snake's body, them aren't perfectly resized, so the collision between each part got screwed up ::-x
    Damn I'm very frustrated since I was planning to release this game before the half of the month..

What is better to do now ? should I rewrite the game using some plugin like 2D Toolkit or RageSpline ? Do they have better colliders for 2d textures ? do they automatically scale my textures for different screen resolution ?

Thanks mates...

2. Luca91

Luca91

Well I'm realizing that rewriting the game using one of those 2d plugins doesn't worth the pain. It is better to try to fix the collision instead ;)
    Okay, let's try to figure out what's wrong.. I'm using a 16x16 png for the snake body segment. I'm starting to think that the formula *widthscale *heigthscale can't be used when the widh is equal to the eigth of the texture...
    Any help ?

I know that those moments are terrible, but I don't want to give up ...