Search Unity

Smultron

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by AaronC, Jan 15, 2007.

1. AaronC

AaronC

Hey...
    I had to re-install OSX because some fonts got screwed round and I couldnt read webpages. Now I have to update the software online. that takes about a day on dialup. In the meantime, Unitron wont work, as it needs a newer version. I'm getting the internet cut off at the end of the month because its a luxury in our household, which unfortunately we cant afford.

So in terms of wishlist, I wish I didnt have to sign up for an internet account everytime I reinstall osx and want to use unity...

Does anyone know where I can download a software update package for osx as a .dmg? Last time I did this I had to sign up for internet too, when I didnt really want to...
    Thanks guys
    AC

Attached Files:

2. thylaxene

thylaxene

I think I understand what you are asking for. The various Apple OSX updates can be found here as downloadable DMGs.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

Also you will want the combo updates as they let you update from say 10.4.0 to 10.4.8. Obviously they are the large downloads! :wink:

Cheers.

3. AaronC

AaronC

Awesome-thanks-I didnt know about that...

So, Otee, I assume the one I need is(?)

Attached Files:

4. thylaxene

thylaxene

yep that's the most recent OSX update, and that should update any version of 10.4 to 10.4.8

cheers.

5. AaronC

AaronC

Fantatic, thanks again. Hey thylaxene, how come you changed the spelling of your name? Just curious...

Discovered Two headed software and Sidereal on the sumea.com website-is this you?
    AC

6. thylaxene

thylaxene

no secret really, changed it to match my handle I use in other places. No those aren't me.

7. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

As for the Unity activation, here's a possible solution: backing up the license file, reinstalling your system and Unity, then putting the license into place. The license file is here:

/Library/Application Support/PACE Anti-Piracy/License Files/Unity_v1.x.x.ilf

d.

8. AaronC

AaronC

Thanks D
    AC