Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Smrvfx (Keijiro's vfx graph) - VFX with multiple sources

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by bonannialberto, Jan 23, 2020.

1. bonannialberto

bonannialberto

Hi,
    Keijiro's VFX again. I am working on a scene with 3 different avatar: two of them have standard animations on them, the third one track motion capture with Kinect. I would like to apply the very same VFX graph (simple particles) to all three of them and render them simultaneously.

Apparently, Keijiro's pipeline allows only one baker, thus only one Skinned Mesh gets rendered. But what if have different copies of the same Skinned Mesh, with different animations, hence different sources?

I hope this question hasn't been asked.

xi003 likes this.
  2. SBliznitsov

SBliznitsov

Hello. Have you found a solution to this problem?

3. GoldenChief

GoldenChief

You duplicate the GameObject into few instances, duplicate the VFX GameObject the same and the Timeline as the same. On VFX, if you see the effects, replace the mesh with the new ones for both effects and change in the VFXPropertyBinder as well. And then finally in Timeline, replace the VFX with the duplicated one...

So overall it should look something like this...3 Skinned Mesh, 3 VFX each with their respective mesh that is duplicated and then 3 Timeline objects each with their VFX that is duplicated.