Search Unity

Smooth Animation?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CelticKnight, Apr 12, 2018.

1. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

Hi All,

Now I have been working on this problem for a number of hours and I can’t seem to crack it. I have the animations for “idle” that repeats. It an object that sways from the middle, right, then left then back to middle

Now In the “Idle” animation when the animation comes back to centre and begins to loop there is a distinct pause. I understand why, there are a number of frames with the exact same animation.

So, I tried a couple of remedies. Like setting the finishing frame one frame early and make that a keyframe with the values it would have had (just learnt how to do that), but, still a pause/jerk and starting the first frame a little off the middle, but, still that pause jerk again.

So, is this something I will have to live with or is there a way to make it smooth?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

At the bottom of the animation window, you probably have "Dopesheet" selected. Once your done making your animation in the Dopesheet, switch to the "Curves" view. Animation curves allow you to accelerate and decelerate animations so movement and other things can start and stop smoothly (rather than all at once).

It sounds like you don't want acceleration, so you should select all your nodes in the "Curve" sheet, right-click, and make them "flat" or "linear".

3. jellemasenna

jellemasenna

Thanks, I know your comment is from 8 yrs ago, but this helped me a lot. I've been searching for this answer for 15 mins.