Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Smooth animation on a sprite ?

Discussion in '2D' started by Kinxil, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Kinxil

Kinxil

Hello there ~

I'm currently learning to make a game with Unity and short story big mistake, it's a bit messy when it come to animate.

Right now, every tutorial I saw so far, even if they were great, used humanoid character you can easily split into parts and Animate, for example, with puppet2D, Sprites and bones or Smooth assets, using a Skeleton system.

But my own character for my first game is not more an humanoid that a... ball. Well the best is that you see by yourself, I linked the picture in attachment.

In order to have a smooth animation, I separated most part which could "move" a bit from the reference, let's say the body. So somehow I can cheat a bit to give the impression the character jump, move left or right.

But right now it won't look good at all, becaude the marron body (and if possible the fur) have to "stretch" and everything to look like the little thing is moving. Problem is the body cannot be, at first sight, splitted into parts.

The common solution would be to draw a sprite part for each possible movement in order to do walk loop, jump and things, but I wondered if there is no possibility (without spending money) to make a smooth change of the sprite belong to a movement.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files: