Search Unity

Smart Water for Indies and Pros.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by unity3dx, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neken

neken

Hello,

I just bought SmartWater Basic and Mobile but have performance problems. I load sample scene fro SimpleWater Mobile called "Simple Caustics GL 1.1" then build to my iPad1 but i have only 9 fps on top of water and 3 fps underwater, what i'm doing wrong ?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. pitibonom

pitibonom

nice work !!!

may i ask what video capture tool you used to make your video please ?
    seem pretty 'fluid' ;)

3. Rob13

Rob13

Anyone have any idea how to integrate UniSky with Smart Water with regards to getting the sun reflection on the water to follow the UniSky sun?

4. unity3dx

unity3dx

@Rob13: I use UniSky with no problems.
    @pitibonhom : I use fraps... Best video capture tool on PC.

5. g2mediagroup

g2mediagroup

Anyone have this problem after import into project:

Assets/Smart Water Basic/scripts/SmartWaterBrain.js(119,17): BCE0045: Macro expansion error: Array index is out of range..

Any help is appreciated!

(submitted on ticket system, just need to get done with this asap)

Smart Water Basic 1.69
    3.4.1f5 Pro
    OSX 10.6.8

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  6. g2mediagroup

g2mediagroup

Hello?? No response to ticket...no response here...

7. BFDesign

BFDesign

Having an interesting problem with regard to fog. I have my water plane 250 units above my terrain ( doing an underwater simulation for a subsea group. I'm trying to utilize Unity's built in fog in the render settings. I set my color, set it to linear, set all the parameters for fog the way I'd like them. Then I run, and in editor mode when my camera breaks the surface of the SmartWater plane, it automatically reverts my fog to full strength. Any Idea what the problem is there?

Thank you
    -Richard

8. BFDesign

BFDesign

resolved

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  9. houndie

houndie

When do you plan on rolling out Smart Water Pro?

10. online|offworld

online|offworld

Hey guys,

Sorry, I Don't understand the bit above where you say it is very hard to to release a demo without giving the source code. Can't you just export to web and then it's a single encrypted file? If web player exports are easy to break into I may have to rethink using unity to do my online smorpg (slightly multiplayer online RPG).

11. unity3dx

unity3dx

I am working on Smart Water pro, that's the next release at Unity3dx.com
    In the mean time today I have released a tutorial showing how I integrate Smart Water basic to the Island demo and remove the pro water to replace with Smart Water...

Official Blabla:
    I am finally working on updating and improving Smart Water. First step is a tutorial video about how to integrate Smart Water into your project. I take the Island demo and in 10 minutes I replace the water with Smart Water. Check here to see the video tutorial.

12. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

This is full of errors.

Some of the prefabs don't work or are missing components, there are errors with the Unity component, you can't actually change any of the prefabs because the changes won't set, it doesn't run on any recent Android hardware (didn't test with iOS), and Nikko doesn't provide any way to contact him directly. I tried sending him a message through the board, but it was predictably ignored.

I waited a long time to purchase this because some of the reviews were worrying. They were accurate.

13. unity3dx

unity3dx

Smart Water is working, and I had many customer having similar issues that found that they just did something wrong.
    Reasons can be:
    - interrupted download. For some reason your download has been interrupted before the end. I need to have the exact size of your file and compare with the original. Maybe try again to download to be sure
    - wrong installation.

Important point to everyone... Smart Water Mobile is NOT WORKING IN STAND ALONE.
    It needs to be installed ON THE TOP of Smart Water Basic.

Nearly 80% of the tickets I have about Smart Water Mobile are all about the same issue. People install Smart Water Mobile and because half of the data it uses are included in Smart Water Basic, they get a lot of error.

In the next version I am working on right now, I will merge all the Smart Water in the same build so that this confusing aspect will be removed.

Also, this new demos is again an ADD-ON, and needs to be installed on the top of Smart Water Basic and Mobile.
    1- install Smart Water Basic
    2- install Smart Water Mobile
    3- Install the Island demo

Any other way around will no work.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  14. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

Hi,
    I experienced many errors:

- missing prefabs. It makes the water turn pink instead of blue/green.
    - code errors. Using Indie basic smart water, needs Smart Water pro for no reason. Not sure why.
    - code causes access violations.
    - some NUL error when choosing 'smart water basic'
    - causes freezing on my Unity3D when I added your smart water in Unity3D editor.

15. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

I brought it, I also attest the errors the other reviewers said were accurate too. :(

16. unity3dx

unity3dx

What you explain is when you install Smart Water Mobile without installing Smart Water Basic first. Some assets are shared. Try to install Smart Basic 1st and Smart Mobile after. Will I have to make a video to show how to so such a simple task.

How comes you complain in this forum and I get no ticket about it? Are you really a customer? If yes, open a ticket, and please when it is solved come back here and fix your post.

Also some people buy Smart Water Mobile without Smart Water Basic and expect the add-on to work?

Here is a ticket I closed 2 days ago that is typical of that kind of issues. Smart Water is working with no bugs, period. I sell a lot every month. But some people have issues when installing it, because it is not point click abracadabra and it is magically working...

Ticket --------------------------------

Date: 2012-07-07 12:38:10 Name: Ali Message:
    the problem solved
    the problem occur during extract zip file on mac (i tried on 2 laptops) .
    i extract zip file on pc laptop by winrar
    and i get .unitypackage
    then i move it into my mac and extract it to unity and work well.

http://im24.gulfup.com/2012-07-07/1341682622271.png

Fatigued you with me ,
    thank you very much .
    Date: 2012-07-07 15:28:27 Name: Nikko Message:
    haaaaaa, so happy it is fixed. But I have a MAC Pro and Snow Leopard and I do not have any problem with the Zip. It is very strange.
    Sorry for the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

17. unity3dx

unity3dx

Also if you want support and updates, stop barking publicly and insult the product while you are the actual cause of the problem. It is trashing the product and at the end I get a thank you in private but no apologizes in public, it is upsetting and really make me loose sales. You want support? Then contact the support. Or at least come back here and tell everyone the problem is solved. I do not do technical support in Unity's forums for a reason, it is a lament place and people feeling the product is buggy...which is wrong!

18. l0cke

l0cke

I dont own any of your products, but this forum is the best place to post bugs and problems. If not posted public, majority of authors/companies totally ignores any issues. Maybe you are different, but this is reality.

19. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

Hi,

I don't have Smart Water Mobile. Why you add code for Smart Water Mobile into Smart Water Basic for? That does not make sense.

You can try it yourself. Download your SmartWater from the Unity Asset store. The color of the water is pink, not green, you run your demo script, it returns errors. You try the FPS demo, it shows: "This requires (something)(something) SmartWater Mobile".

20. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

Mate, the only reason I'm "publicly" complaining is because you offer absolutely no contact option. No email address. You ignored my private forum message. How ironic is that?

I -did- install Smart Water before Smart Water Mobile. I read your instructions. It's still full of errors. I'm sure you could fix it if you spent a little quality time with the product. Right now, it's a complete waste of money.

Don't hide behind a ticket system. Users expect to be able to contact you and not be ignored.

21. Rico21745

Rico21745

Based on this guy's responses, I sure as heck wouldn't buy anything from him.

If 80% of your support issues are regarding installations, you sure as heck should bet its your problem and not theirs. If I were supporting a product and saw that number, I'd sit down and reconsider rather than childishly blaming your customers. Whether they are doing something wrong or not, obviously, your instructions are unclear or otherwise flawed, as I'm sure people who spent their cash buying your assets probably don't enjoy not being able to use them.

22. rome58

rome58

We just bought smart water basic and smart water mobile. the example scenes work, but we can't get it to work when applied to a plane.

Issues we're having:
    when applied to a geometry, it doesn't animate,
    can't change the scale of the water plane object,
    can't change the tiling on the water textures
    the water plane from the prefabs animate on the y axis, is there a way to get it to not do that.
    smartwater GL 2.0 doesn't work on the ipad 1.
    an error occurs when using the smart water brain when applied to any geometry. It has something to do with the caustics

I'll be the first to admit that they could all be user errors, but there's not a whole lot of documentation for the use. If you can let me know how i can contact you to get some support i'd be happy to vouch for your product once it's working. I tried the contact page on your website but got no response. If you can get back to me asap, thlat'd be much appreciated. We're trying to get his into one of our current scenes. Thanks.

P.S. I did install the basic package first before the mobile, so that shouldn't be the issue.

23. Builder_Joe

Builder_Joe

Not in the asset store anymore?

24. Muckel

Muckel

Warning! Absolute Crap... be careful Funpoint is also crap

don't buy this S***!!!

No Support No more Assetstore... say's it all... NO REFUND !!!
    i'm really Dissapointed also by the AssetStore QA etc... - don't expect a Refund... :?

Trunka likes this.
  25. Trunka

Trunka

wasted 40$ in the first asset of my life haha =)))
    no support (more than 1 week with 2-3 time sending messages), it keeps saying "material doesn't have a float or range property..."(bunch of the same line). I'm new to shader...
    :sigh:

26. smartwater3da

smartwater3da

Guys! Smartwater is alive and doing well. It has been removed in the asset store by Unity, and no update was possible because they blocked and deleted my account including my forum account, and maybe this post will be deleted as well..
    But you can get the latest version at http://www.smartwater3d.com
    Don't get upset because Unity blacklisted me, just go on my website, give me a proof of purchase and you will sure edit your post after that, because SM3d is a 5 years old product that I support, and upgrade. how many sellers are doing that?

SM3D is well supported (not though the asset store tho) and I guarantee that you will be happy downloading the latest version.

27. jalapen0

jalapen0

Yea I'm in the market for some ocean assets but I think I'll stay away from this one. Blacklisted by Unity? Seems like you are beyond sketchy.

28. smartwater3da

smartwater3da

If you want to make the best game, you need to have the best option. The reason why they blacklisted me is really stupid, 3 authors conspired against me and convinced Caitlyn that I was a pirate on the run hiding in Thailand.
    I am in France actually but it worked. I never got any answer, got the money from my publisher account and now have to deal with the prejudice. Believe it or not, but all is somewhere on the web if you google it. I won't post more because I am quite sure this will be deleted. Smartwater is a 5 years old product, if you don't need it do not bash it without knowing it.

If anyone purchased it and had a bad experience why not having contacted me at http://www.smartwater3d.com? I am waiting, working every day with Unity and answering question to whom post a ticket.

I am also the publisher of many assets since Unity v2.5, but outside the asset store: http://funpoint.com

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  29. imtrobin

imtrobin

I'm one of the people who bought it, and never gotten to using it because at some point, it got broken, and was never updated, and written off. Is there an update that work now with Unity 5 or do I have to pay again?

30. creat327

creat327

yeah just read the comments before the last from the author... many people got in trouble using this asset because he never replied to emails, neither fixed the bugs/issues. Basically he went missing for almost two years and now he is back trying to sell the asset (who knows if it even works as described)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.