Search Unity

Smart Car AI and A Race Manager - Agents of steer

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TheAssetProvider, Mar 18, 2018.

1. TheAssetProvider

TheAssetProvider

Hello world,

First and foremost check out this demo : Click here

AssetStore listing : Click Here

I released an asset back in October 2017 and since then it has come a long way I've just updated it version 1.4.

Just some info on what it does.

The AI system uses real steering behaviors like :
    • Pursuit - helps vehicle overtake each other
    • Unaligned collision avoidance - keeps track of on-coming vehicles and will try to avoid them
    • Obstacle avoidance - give the ability to avoid obstacles who have a collider on them
    • Path Following - keeps the vehicle on the path , real path following // no waypointing stuff
    • Separation - everybody needs their personal space and they AI won't will try to give you some space.
    • Queuing - helps vehicle apply brakes and they will form a queue when needed
    • and some special logic - this is just bind every thing together
    These vehicle are smart and can reverse and all that.

Currently I only provide cars in the package but this system can be used to create any type of vehicle that requires any of these behaviors.

New Features -

A new police Car AI
    - These can be placed on the map and when triggered they will try to chase you down and will keep on ramming you , until you have evaded them , once evaded they will start patrolling.

A new race manager - this will help you create and conduct races easily the demo includes a circuit and a sprint race.

//------
    If you are going to use you own car controller the you just have to add one component and would work just fine
    //------

All the code provided is in the form of C# scripts that you can edit and implement your own logic. // no dlls

Help me-

If you have any feature request or you found a glitch , then please do let me know using this thread.
    I would try to do any thing I can

My YouTube || My Facebook || My Twitter

I am constantly updating it with fixes and features which you can track on social media and also I will try to update it here.

This is the intro video of the system when it first released

Thank you
    FlatTutorials

Attached Files:

2. Emile97

Emile97

Hi sir. I want to make a Mario kart clone.. Can I do the racing Ai with your asset?? (not the power ups, I need the ability to overtake if possible and I don't want them to follow each other on a queue)..
    Thank you

3. TheAssetProvider

TheAssetProvider

@Emile97 well these cars can overtake each other and there are plenty of variables that you can tweek to get the effect you want , try the demo so that you can see them in action.

Sorry for the late reply