Search Unity

Smaller UI Text (Font = 1 and text is still big)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Gogin, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Gogin

Gogin

Hi

Have you any idea how to make UI Text smaller? Please see attached screenshot:

Thanks
    Jan

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

Font Size will make it smaller, but the problem is probably that your canvas and canvas settings are making even small text look massive.

3. Brathnann

Brathnann

I think instead of having the canvas and the text on one object, make the text object a child of the canvas object and you might see better results. I haven't played with the world space canvas that much, but I'm pretty sure that will help.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

When I was playing with UI in past, what I figured out, is giving bigger font value increases quality, but to make text small, simply resize object/canvas with text component.

5. Brathnann

Brathnann

Or...switch to Textmeshpro which is set to completely replace text component in a future version of Unity. :) Thus you can get a nice quality without having to oversize your text and then scale it down.

6. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I agree with all of the above, but for the simple answer: your canvas scale is 1.865, when it should generally be 0.01 or so. And of course the width and height should be set 100x bigger. That approximate scale gives you reasonable text size on screen at a reasonable font size.

unityunity