Search Unity

Feedback Small Unity Hub feedback list

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by joshcamas, Nov 2, 2019.

1. joshcamas

joshcamas

Hello! Here are some small thoughts I have on the Unity Hub.

1) Multiple "Bottom bar" messages don't show up, so if one is there, any new ones will be hidden. Speaking of that, I feel like the bar is a bit too hidden, as my eyes don't really register that it's even there. Perhaps that's just me. I often don't notice the new update message, so if there are any other important messages, they never show up since that update one is visible. Quite odd implementation.

2) "New Update" alert shouldn't be on the unity program, but should be moved to the hub. I'm sure this is already planned :)

3) There's no easy way to look at patch notes for a version. This would be nice for both installed and not installed versions, since if there's a new update I often want to see whether its worth downloading (aka if there's a certain bug patched)

4) On that note, it would be AWESOME if we could see the patch notes from within the hub, like how games often show a short list of patch notes. But I doubt that's worth the effort, might as well just link to the webpage.

5) Auto update would also be nice, replacing 2019.2.1 with the newest 2019.2.11 or something. Just a thought.

None of these are that important, other than perhaps #1. I'm very glad the hub exists, its so great having a way to manage the versions without having extra executables all with the name "Unity.exe" dotted around. Thank you for building this tool!!

safaGH likes this.
  2. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hi @joshcamas,
    We thank you very much for your rich feedback.

1) We are working now on refactoring the errors/warnings handling through the toast messages at the bottom of the hub window. But I will communicate your feedback to the design team maybe it helps them :)

2) + 5) We have in our backlog such a feature request of updating/adding the latest update of a certain unity release through a button on the already installed editor card.

3) + 4) The change-log for each new release is available here : https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-hub-v2-0-0-release.677485/#post-5098892 and here as well https://unity3d.com/hub/whats-new. When you upgrade to a new version of the hub, you will receive a toast at the bottom saying that you are using the latest version and having a link to this link https://unity3d.com/hub/whats-new (I see that you don't notice the toast messages haha)

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying using the hub ! If you ever have any other feature requests/questions, do not hesitate to post on the forum :)

The hub team,

joshcamas likes this.
  3. joshcamas

joshcamas

Ahh sorry, I meant change log when looking at different unity engine versions!