Search Unity

small tacky and large models

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by The_Peace_Maker, Feb 2, 2012.

1. The_Peace_Maker

The_Peace_Maker

well i am new this is first post xD
    so i started trying to make a game in unity then thought its to much learning to get it to the quality i want it to be xD
    so i making random small and large things that i will sell for idk u offer xD as i will be making them i may try and texture them but now i looked at them there are way more amazing textures out there so i think i will just model things xD
    i made a fish from scratch
    here are the photo
    $colourless fish.png

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. larvantholos

larvantholos

Subdivision modelling, not enough detail to tell its a fish - which in this case, seems like where the texture would come in. Fish usually have a fin at least one on top btw, if not more, so I'd get some references so it will be more immediately recognisable. If your keen on practice, why not make more fish, and other marine creatures?

3. Kyena

Kyena

Did you make a rough concept first? It's always a good idea to have a 2D idea of the model. Preferably from different angle so you know exactly what to work on once you start modelling and texturing.

4. The_Peace_Maker

The_Peace_Maker

no i didnt xD i just made it from my mind image xD probably why its a bit hard to recognize
    i will try more on my next project also is it better to have more edges or less?

5. The_Peace_Maker

The_Peace_Maker

]soo after creating some random crystal looking stones xD can post with color if anyone is interested xD i decided after seeing the spider on the wall to catch it and make it 3d on computer aren't i nice xD took me about 1 hour xD and its ALL made from a box xD
    i can change some factors of it if it doesn't look like a spider xD
    $spider complete.png

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012