Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Small/Slow mouse movements not moving camera while using Starter Assets.

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Spyderfish, May 22, 2022.

1. Spyderfish

Spyderfish

While using both the first and third person Starter Asset packages, slow mouse movements will not rotate the camera. I can move my mouse all the way across my mouse pad with no camera rotation in game if I am slowly moving the mouse. What do I need to change for the Input System to be able to register small/slow movements? This problem is not present using the legacy "FPSController"

Thanks!

2. EmmaUnity

EmmaUnity

Unity Technologies

3. fabianmvvk

fabianmvvk

Hi all,

I had the same problem with my project. After some trial and error I found that changing the Delta [Pointer] under the Look settings in the StarterAssets (Input Action Asset) fixed this for me. (You can access this via the Player Input component.) Although I had to reduce the Rotation speed afterwards to keep things balanced.

Hope this helps others coming accross this issue in the future.

4. FantoLV

FantoLV

To anyone with the same issue, changing _threshold value in FirstPersonController.cs script to 0.001f helped. This took way too much time for me to figure out, but hope I saved someone some headache and time :)

5. kyussphone

kyussphone

@Fabian lead me to a fix, if you go into your Starter Assets (Input Actions), where you set key-binds. Find your Look action, click on Delta Pointer to view binding properties, under Processors adjust the Scale Vector 2, X and Y values. the default is X 0.05 , Y 0.05. DONT GO HIGHER THAN 1 (it wont break anything) I doubt you want anything higher than 1, but this wildly improves responsiveness.. Shout out again to @Fabian for being a big brain tinkerer

6. molnarmilan2003

molnarmilan2003

Thank you very much man!!