Search Unity

Small Scene - Eerie Fields

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Sakar, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Sakar

Sakar

So I was bored today and decided to make a small, eerie scene in Unity.

---Web Player---

The terrain and grass textures are from the Terrain Assets in the Resources section, the sound is from here, and the rest was made by me.

All comments and crits are welcome :)

P.S. I'll probably turn this into a game, if I can think of gameplay that would fit this.

2. Seraphim

Seraphim

It reminds me of fl0wer for the Playstation 3.

I added you on MSN if you wanted to talk about ideas, I'm sure I could assist you in arriving at something, as I'm a story writer.

3. Wox

Wox

Put in some zombies and it will be real creepy :)

4. Sakar

Sakar

Thanks for the comments!

@Seraphim
    A friend of mine came up with some ideas for this, but if I need help with something I'll be sure to contact you.

5. NomadKing

NomadKing

Really nice what you have so far, very atmospheric with the fogging, and the ambient sound matches perfectly :)

6. Alric

Alric

Have to say I don't really like it.
    The swaying could make you seasick and I think you just barely get away with the vegetation due to the fog and the lack of light - which would probably have to change in a game.

On the positive side, the general ambience is good, it is definitely creepy. With some nicer/more varied assets, and less spring-loaded vegetation it could be the basis of a really good scene.

7. Sakar

Sakar

Thanks for the comments!

@Alric
    I've reduced the wind speed considerably and will be adding much more to the environment.

I appreciate the comments.

8. NomadKing

NomadKing

There are a few places where the angle of the ground combined with the fog make the viewing distance seem really close in, maybe slighlty less fog or lighter grass would help with this.

As for lights - perhaps some pale moonlight? or distant torches that give the player somewhere to head towards - maybe a small abandoned wooden dock + outbuildings (all depends on the game ur going for). The sound of almost still water lapping against a shore line could work nicely to add to your atmosphere :)

9. Sakar

Sakar

Thanks for the suggestions NomadKing!

10. 7loop7

7loop7

my computer crashed on this one.

11. james116

james116

I see a great zombie game!!