Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Official Small Scale Competitive Multiplayer Template now released!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by HershBansal, Nov 24, 2023.

1. HershBansal

HershBansal

Unity Technologies

We are pleased to announce our new ‘Small Scale Competitive Multiplayer Template’ available now via the Unity Hub!

Utilizing our Netcode for GameObjects package and Unity Gaming Services, this template allows you to quickstart your development. It includes a Bootstrapper tool, in-Editor tutorials, and a barebone event-driven gameplay flow. If you’re looking for a starting point to build small-scale competitive games (e.g., real-time strategy games) that don’t require prediction, you’ve come to the right place.

Version 1.0.0

Documentation: LINK

Features:
    • In-Editor Tutorials
      • that help you get familiar with the templates main tools and feature
    • Bootstrapper
      • that helps you test faster using various network modes (Host, Client, Server) and dynamic configurations.
    • Out-of the box, server authoritative event-driven gameplay flow
      • that you can customize to make your own game

Compatibility:
    This template supports the most recent LTS version of the Unity editor: 2022.3. Update to the latest patch release for the best experience.

The Bootstrapper tool is not available in standalone players.

We're continuously developing and improving our templates and would love to hear your feedback! Please follow the link to fill out your feedback: https://unitytech.typeform.com/template (ETA: 1 min)

If you experience any issues or would like to reach out to the development team, you can connect with us either via the Multiplayer Forum, on Discord.

2. NextGENcode

NextGENcode

Does this work on android

3. Hero_Holmes360

Hero_Holmes360

This is awesome!

RikuTheFuffs-U likes this.
  4. SolarFox_U

SolarFox_U

Unity Technologies

@NextGENcode
    The builds of this template haven't been tested on Android yet. So it could work on Android, but it is not yet verified.

5. moproductions

moproductions

I was following the tutorials offered at start up and when following them I came across this error, which prevented me from playing the game. I updated all of the packages via the Package manager before I ran it but I'm not sure if that was the issue. Is there a way to fix this?
    Edit: I tried to run an older Udemy project I had working when learning this stuff and it's getting the same error.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 175731.png

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  6. moproductions

moproductions

OK I fixed the issue on my other project. The issue was that the project had been archived and wasn't in the active list. Once I un-archived it that error went away, so perhaps there's an issue with the project on the UGS dashboard?

7. RikuTheFuffs

RikuTheFuffs

Version 1.2.0 is now available, see the news here

HershBansal likes this.