Search Unity

Bug Small problems with Hub v.3 on Linux

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

1) why do I need to enter my admin password to start the Hub?
    2) months ago I complained that the Hub wouldn't start centred on my screen. For months, I used a fix of my own consisting in setting "MainWindow.json" "read only". I am very much displeased to inform you that this problem has never been fixed.
    3) I have two "unityhub" folders in .config: the v.3 one named "unityhub" and the old one named "UnityHub".

I deleted the new "unityhub" directory and renamed the old "UnityHub" into "unityhub" and restarted the Hub: no problem and now it does start centred.

Please make an official announcement about these two directories; deleting the new one and renaming the old one might fix problems people are facing with this new Hub. :)

@Gennady @joeksy

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I found the answer to that question. For some reason, starting Unity Hub requires some keyring to be unlocked; it's the first time an application does that to me. The said keyring was not unlocked because I started Linux automatically, not on the login screen.
    I'd like to know why this keyring needs to be unlocked though...

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Going through the login window being a problem, I had to find another solution. So, I still start Linux Mint automatically but I made it so that the keyring is unlocked automatically. To that effect:

- create a file containing the following code:

/bin/bash -c "gnome-keyring-daemon -r  -d --unlock <<<YOUR_PASSWORD"

where YOUR_PASSWORD is replaced by the password you need to enter to log into your session. Make it executable.

- add this code to be executed on login in "Session and Startup" (https://winaero.com/manage-startup-apps-linux-mint/).