Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Small pause after a loop in Mecanim

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Neterea Studios, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Neterea Studios

Neterea Studios

Hello,

I have a problem playing a clean/fluid animation loop with Mecanim. It seems to make a small pause (first I thought it was repeating a keyframe) after every cycle of a loop animation.I have searched for similar problems and ensured that I'm not in one of those cases (as far as I know, maybe I'm understanding something in a wrong way), before posting because my problem looked like previous posts or Unity answers.

Some information:
    -The animation has 38 frames.
    -Frame 1 and Frame 38 are the same to ensure a good loop.
    -When importing into Unity I'm doing this through a fbx file (exported from blender).
    -When importing I'm taking care of the first and last keyframe being the same, so in the end range I Import one frame less, to avoid a duplication of the same key frame.
    -Loop Pose is checked.
    -The loop also makes the small pause in the preview window, so state transitions are discarded here. The small pause It's perfectly perceivable when setting the play time to a lower value (0.25 for example).

Things I tried:
    -Import also the last frame (same as first one), just in case Unity is treating this as a especial case to perform loops.
    -Create also a keyframe for one previous frame to the last one imported to make sure that the last imported frame is also a keyframe.
    -Even removing more frames from the import (and breaking the clean loop on purpose) stills makes the small pause at the end.

I don't know what could be causing this. I'm completely lost, I don't know If I'm doing something completely wrong or there exist a problem interpolating the last animation frames.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

2. Neterea Studios

Neterea Studios

Solved.

The problems was in the animation. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013