Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Small meshes cause editor to freeze on entering playmode

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by JZ_Focus, May 27, 2021.

1. JZ_Focus

JZ_Focus

Hi!

I've run into quite an annoying bug. If I have a mesh physics shape authoring with a mesh assigned that is too small, it freezes the editor when entering playmode. It also happens if you'd use the standard sphere mesh as the assigned mesh for the physics shape and turn the scale down to at least about 0.1.

If you try to enter playmode after doing this it freezes the editor for me. I have also reported this bug but I am not sure if the bug report feature is useful for preview packages like this. And I wanted to report it here just in case people bumped into the same issue.

2. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

Wow, that's bonkers! Thanks for raising it. Looks like a fun deadlock: upload_2021-5-28_11-57-33.png

3. JZ_Focus

JZ_Focus

Thanks for the fast response, weird how the deadlock only comes up with small collisions.

4. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

The sphere being scaled that small actually ends up having zero triangles. They are all stripped out below a size threshold. I don't think that is necessarily why the deadlock hits but more of a FYI.

5. JZ_Focus

JZ_Focus

Oh interesting thanks for sharing that, was wondering if it happened intentional or not. Hope you guys don't have too much of an issue finding the cause of the deadlock!