Search Unity

Looking For Contributor Small Art Team looking for Developers to help work on a 2d fighting game

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by WoadGrizzly, Oct 18, 2022.

1. WoadGrizzly

WoadGrizzly

Introduction & Summary
    Hello! My name is Matt, and I am one of two Illustrators looking to create a 2d fighting game, adjacent in design to Skullgirls or Guilty Gear. Unfortunately, neither of us are incredibly talented programmers or developers, but we are very capable 2d illustrators and storytellers, and we want to find talented individuals to work alongside. The end goal of this project is a commercial release, but seeing as we cannot pay anyone until the project is over and we've hashed out the payment split of any fundraising, I figure it would be more appropriate to label this as a non-commercial collaboration for the time being.

Project Type/Genre & Platform
    The primary genre of the game is a 2d fighter, like skull girls or blazblue. We are open to porting the concept to multiple platforms later in development, but for now the goal is to release to steam for the PC.

The Idea
    A 2d fighting game with a comic book/anime fusion art style, using the light/heavy/block/special control scheme, placed in a mystical cyberpunk setting. The game will feature a diverse cast of a broad spectrum of backgrounds, including LGBT people, people of color, people of various nationalities from every continent, etc. The primary separator for the game from other games is that the player will select three characters at the select menu; an attacker, a defender, and a third character that brings a unique ability to the trio, which we are tentatively calling a "skill" character; the idea was inspired by the game Sonic Heroes, funnily enough.

Progress
    Currently the project only has two people working on it (if you're interested to see my portfolio, here's a link: https://woadgrizzly.uwu.ai/), as we're in the incredibly early stages of development; only a few character concepts have been written up, and very basic concept sketches have been created. We are looking for people at the current moment because we don't really know the full capabilities of the unity engine, and neither of us are incredibly experienced in it's use. We have already developed some basic attack ideas for some of our concepts, and some character gimmicks we plan to include.

What We Are Looking For
    Programmers who are relatively new to the field and are just looking for a project to hammer out in their spare time or a project to get their toes wet with; this is not a full time job or even a part time job listing. We want to find someone who is as passionate about design as we are, and while we don't expect you to spend a whole lot of your time each week working on the project, we are definitely looking for someone who's actually interested in working with us until the project is completed. If we receive multiple people who are all interested in the concept, the collaboration can grow; We may even work on projects together in the future for more clearly defined commercial purposes if this one is a success.

Contact
    If you're interested in working with us, please feel free to contact me at my discord, Woad.Grizzly#0069 , or email me at matthieugagnier2001@gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing from you all!