Search Unity

Sly Cooper Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blair627, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blair627

blair627

Hello!
    I work with an autistic teen who has begged me to go onto every forum I can find to share his ideas for a new Sly Cooper game. He is a huge fan and has great suggestions! Leave your feedback :)

[removed file]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2019
  2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Excuse me if I'm incredibly suspicious of a random PDF posted by somebody who only joined two days ago and doesn't have any other posts.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Have to admit these are far less "ideas" than they are just random "shower thoughts". Below are the contents of the PDF lazily formatted by me because the original formatting (it most likely was just formatting being imposed by the viewer rather than actual formatting) didn't copy/paste properly.

4. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

I'd figure out who the developer is and send them a letter explaining what a big fan he is and send his ideas. Not because they would take it seriously but because they might send a nice letter back. I don't think the chances are high but it's worth a shot.

blair627 likes this.
  5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Find out who the developers are and send the ideas to them. Its very very unlikely they will use them, but maybe they will send a nice letter back.

In general these arent really game design ideas as much as a stream of conciousness - not very useful to most developers unfortunately.

Glad the teen you work with is so passionate

blair627 likes this.
  6. blair627

blair627

I appreciate the positive feedback.
    Please understand, this is a teenager with a developmental disability and I am just offering to share his thoughts because he is unable to access internet. No need to be so judgmental! This is one of several places I have shared.

7. Antypodish

Antypodish

May I ask what is the point of posting here, or anywhere on internet, if target person has not even access to it?
    You asked for feedback and feedback can be as wide as ocean can be. You should be as open to get positive feedback, as equally take hit in the chin.
    I assume you read these back to the person right?
    Gamasutra will be better place to be honest, or reddit. I am not sure if such questions are good to be asked on development software forum like Unity. There is also Game ideas forum, which is more suitable for such question.

8. blair627

blair627

So, who is my target person according to you?

I am asking for all types of feedback and posting on all different platforms. Thank you for your suggestions for other forums, I will be sure to inquire about that. Those are the kinds of suggestions I am looking for! I don't see the point of others who post feedback that is not informative, seems like a waste of time and energy. I don't need negative comments, they are unhelpful and pointless. I am sharing these comments with a teen with Autism, is that really how people want to spend their time? Be uplifting or go away :)

My client specifically asked me to share this with software developers because he wants a game to be made. I know that the odds of that are not within reach, but there is no harm in sharing. And this forum was one of the fist that came up in my search for Game Idea forums. I don't know this website and I am just shooting shots because I am a person of my word.

9. Amon

Amon

Lol. Welcome to the Internet.

10. I'm sorry, but I think you are getting this wrong. I am generally a supportive person and all that. But, this is an actual game developer forum, where we value the constructive criticism. Our basic stand is to tell each other where is good where is bad. We are not going for the "uplifting". A lot of people here are working on ideas which they want to market eventually. If we (in general) only uplift them but we don't tell them what is wrong with their ideas then it can become a financial disaster. Most people here understand this and they (we) accept critique because it is aiming for make our stuff better.

So no, please don't send away anyone from here. If you take up the responsibility to translate between him and us, take the responsibility to actually filter the answers as you wish. If you don't like this stance, that's okay, there are plenty of forums around the internet where the goal is not to produce viable product or fun games but to uplift each other. But if you stay and comment, then please, take what you get and filter it for him as you wish.

And that's admirable.

Well, then take the harshest criticism and run with it. Game creation is an iterative process from the get go. If the ideas are not good enough then it is needed to iterate on them.
    BTW, if you (or him, or whatever) wants to make a game out of this, you (either you or him) need to contact the IP owners. Or start to think about games which is not tight to an existing IP (Sly Cooper).

11. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Not the place for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.