Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow editor open , sometimes it even fails

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by neroid, Dec 6, 2018.

1. neroid

neroid

Hello unity people!
    i am helping an associate getting started with unity and i noticed he cant get unity to open ,or more precisely it stops at the screen with the many colours that has the unity logo in the top right.
    His specs is ryzen 2600 , 1tb sshd ,600 gb hdd , 2333 memory , gtx 1050 ti.
    Versions tested : all .2 of 2018
    I appreciate your help in advance ,thank you.
    Edit 1 : under unity in task manager we notice several children of that task do not respond , such as unity editor and 1/2 node.js server side javascript

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018