Search Unity

Question Slow down Rigidbodys speed quicker?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Minzent, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Minzent

Minzent

So I'm trying to make a golf game. My problem is that after adding the Force of hitting the ball its slowing down quickly, but never fully stops. For minutes and minutes it keeps rolling with an extremely slow speed, but never fully stops. I would like to make the ball stop completely way quicker, but naturally looking.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

2. Reaktion

Reaktion

Hi,

If you want your Rigidbody movement to be stopped quicker, I suggest you to use the drag of the Rigidbody :
    Unity - Scripting API: Rigidbody.drag (unity3d.com)

You can try to adjust the Rigidbody's drag, but it will slow down your ball whenever it moves (even during the shots), so it can mess up your previous adjustments.
    Also, you can try to use Physic Material : Unity - Manual: Physic Material component reference (unity3d.com)
    It is used to adjust friction effects of colliding GameObjects, so it can be the friction between your ball and the floor.

Good luck !

3. Minzent

Minzent

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my late answer, I haven't checked back since I found a solution.

I had success increasing the angular drag, I haven't noticed any other problems with the velocity of the ball when shooting. However, I'll try a different approach with Physics Material as what you said sounds very promising.

Thanks alot!

Reaktion likes this.