Search Unity

Resolved Slow credit card never received

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Hardcore_Graverobber, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardcore_Graverobber

Hardcore_Graverobber

Hi,

I'm testing my IAP implementation for Android right now.
    I mainly followed the codeless implementation guide https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.1/Documentation/Manual/UnityIAPCodelessIAP.html because my shop is very very simple with just 3 different sets of coins that can be purchased.

This is all working fine unless I test with Google "slow" credit card, where the purchase is only confirmed after 1 or 2 minutes. In that case I never receive the purchase within the app. The Play dialog closes and neither the purchase complete nor the purchase failed are getting called.
    If I stay on the screen purchase complete is getting called after a minute or two (then when the play confirmation arrives) but this seems like it is not a real scenario.

I read about the IAP Listener (it is on the same page). It says:
    "Codeless IAP dispatches successful and failed purchase events to an active IAP Button component in the hierarchy. However, there may be times when it is difficult or undesirable to have an active IAP Button when handling a successful purchase. For example, if a purchase is interrupted before completing, Unity IAP attempts to process the purchase again the next time it is initialized."
    So I thought lets implement the IAP Listener on the first scene of my game and was expecting that it gets called on app start if the purchase was completed while the app was not running or the scene was closed or the purchase pending etc.
    But... just nothing happens when I start the app after a successfull purchase.

What do I have to do different? Do I have to manually check for pending purchases? And if so, how? I didn't find anything within the documentation...

Thank you!

hasnainktofficial likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, everyone including myself sees that same behavior, it looks to be a Google issue with the slow credit option.

3. Hardcore_Graverobber

Hardcore_Graverobber

Thank you for the fast response,
    sooo you're saying it is actually working with the IAP Listener on App Start but Google has issues right now?
    As I very recently joined, was that ever working before and can one expect that Google works things out soon to finish testing?

Thank you!

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Slow credit card fail has never worked. You'll want to move onto other testing.

5. shinichikudo997

shinichikudo997

So is there any solution yet for this?
    I think we will be in a lot of trouble if the user cards are charged but not reflected in game.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It looks to be a Google issue, as mentioned. Are you seeing this actually occur in your game? We have not heard of such reports.

7. JayMbeet

JayMbeet

Hey there! It's great to see that you're testing your IAP implementation for Android. I can understand your frustration with the ""slow"" credit card causing issues with the purchase confirmation, and it's good that you're looking into the IAP Listener as a potential solution.

8. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

This thread is now closed. Feel free to reach out via a new thread if you encounter further issues.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.