Search Unity

Slider with TextField enabled shows no text with Unity Default Runtime Theme

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by FurtherV, May 1, 2022.

1. FurtherV

FurtherV

Like the title says, when I place a slider and enable its input field, I can not see the text I am entering in the input field. How would I change this?
    If I use any of the editor themes, so not the "Unity Default Runtime Theme" in the UI Builder it shows values, but not the version used inside unity, which uses the "Unity Default Runtime Theme"!

How to fix this?

2. griendeau_unity

griendeau_unity

Unity Technologies

We've seen problems with this recently, there has been a big refactoring of how text is handled in UI Toolkit and it affected the runtime theme.
    I can't seem to be able repro, so it was probably fixed recently. Which Unity version are you on?

3. FurtherV

FurtherV

I am using unity editor version 2021.3.1f1. So it seems this is the newest LTS version?
    Do I have to switch to the alpha / beta version or should the fix already be included in 2021.3.1f1?

4. griendeau_unity

griendeau_unity

Unity Technologies

I see, that version should not have been affected by the refactoring, so it's probably something else.
    You can try to use the Window -> UI Toolkit -> UI Debugger to pick the text field and see if the text is there. Maybe it's does not have a visible color? I'll ask the team if this is something we are aware of and get back to you!

Nephenris likes this.
  5. dasAndy

dasAndy

Same Problem here.
    I found that padding is set to 10px by default. If i override this per custum uss to 0px the slider input shows up correctly

AmazingRuss likes this.
  6. Nephenris

Nephenris

Same. Padding is the pb - if we change it in UI Toolkit debugger , it works.
    Why it is sitll not fixed ?

7. griendeau_unity

griendeau_unity

Unity Technologies

Please submit a bug using Help -> Report a Bug... in Unity