Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Slide down steep slopes in 3D using Cine Machine's rigidbody controller?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by AerionXI, May 15, 2022.

1. AerionXI

AerionXI

Hi, just as the title says, how can I use the FadeOutNearbyObjects rigidbody controller to slide down slopes at a steep angle chosen by a value of 65 or x ( or above ) ? Can someone please show example using FadeOutNearbyObjects rigidbody controller?

Much thanks!

2. AerionXI

AerionXI

Can someone please help ?

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't know what you're talking about. What is the FadeOutNearbyObjects rigidbody controller?

4. AerionXI

AerionXI

@Gregoryl It is the player movement script attached to the player inside the FadeOutNearbyObjects demo in the latest Cinemachine ( 2.8.4 ) Samples folder.

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

6. AerionXI

AerionXI

@Gregoryl Is there a demo in there that I can use that allows for a rigidbody controller instead of character controller to slide down steep slopes & walk up stairs? Thank you!

7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

CM doesn't contain much in the way of demo controllers. It's pretty minimal in that department, because it's focused on cameras. It's hard for me to suggest solutions for you without having context about the bigger picture of what you're trying to do.

Have you looked at Unity's Starter Assets from the asset store?