Search Unity

Slender -- Beta 0.9

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by AgentParsec, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

It's actually on Android now too, and let me tell you something... The game sucks ass. Basically, you can't play it because it just dies on high end device after a minute, and low and medium end cant play it because it laggs. If Agent were to purchase an android license, optimise Slender for mobile devices and, let's say, ported it, he could live with the money he could make. Just sayin, people are not trying to steal and make money, they're just trying really hard to make a decent copy. But then again, it should be free anyway since it's not their idea.

2. AMDAndrew

AMDAndrew

For you to know, UnityEngine is the main reason for your laggy gameplay. It depends on how much you optimize your "game" inside Unity. This was Parasec's first game so I think optimization wasn't a "forte" point.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  3. AndOProd

AndOProd

My 5 year old nephew showed me this game and I thought it was a game by a big company xd great work man

4. Kyena

Kyena

Wow that rip is horrible - so sorry to see that :/
    Did they rip it after release or during demo phase? Did the original developer comment on this yet?
    Freaking unfair..

5. AgentParsec

AgentParsec

Just thought I'd update with the trailer we released for "Slender: The Arrival":

6. xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

Looks pretty good. You going to keep it free?

7. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

nice work man.congrats

8. Blacklight

Blacklight

It looks really beautiful.

9. pivotraze

pivotraze

Already stated it will not be.

10. Charlie1023

Charlie1023

Can I have the source code? I want to make my own version of SLENDER called SHADOWTHEHEDGEHOG.

11. Marrt

Marrt

lol

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/177920-Game-making-help!

There are #§$!-loads of tutorials on how to make first person games out there and yet you spam to get some source you might not even be able to use if you are not experienced?

Advice: Try to get started with Unity (i imply you are new to it), learn the basics, ask if you need specific help after you have searched for a solution

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  12. HolBol

HolBol

I'll assume that's a joke.

13. Marrt

Marrt

was my first thought too, but that now-dead-link in my previous post is a thread made by him asking for the slenderman code.

so i assumed you are new and just need some advice, Charlie1023.
    People will not be willing to just hand their sources to you, especially when they think you might just copy everything but 2% and release it as your own. But don't let this ruin your motivation to code your own game, check some tutorials and sample projects and SHADOWTHEHEDGEHOG V0.1 will be ready in no time

14. jeko_composer

jeko_composer

Very good atmosphere!!!