Search Unity

SLATE (Complete Gameplay Cutscenes & Cinematics Sequencer)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nuverian, Feb 29, 2016.

1. NoPanDa

NoPanDa

I also have some flickering when starting the animation, and when blending in from no animation. When blending from no animation it blends from the playing animation, to the default pose (crouched and half through the ground) and then blends to the desired animation.

I also have problem making a transition from one animation to another animation without blending at all, even when all blending is in all turned down it tries to blend over a few frames, which in this case makes the character turn around and slide back and forth fast, as the second animation needs to be slightly offset and turned 180 degrees to match the first animation. It seems like the blending between two animations should apply the animation clip's offsets and positions to the local animation first, before it blends to the final animation, or else I would not be able to blend between two clips that need different rotation offsets.

Finally, is there any way to make the "translate to" track to hold the final transform values if there are not new track after, instead of making another "translate to" and setting it to the same position?

2. JackalGamerAU

JackalGamerAU

I am using Slate 2.1.0 with Unity 2020.3.21f1 and the slate rendering support extention and I am unable to get Slate to detect that I have inported the rendering extention. It says that I need to import the extention then when I go to import the extention it says that it's already imported yet when I go to render it says I need to import the extention.

3. nuverian

nuverian

ksam2, SugoiDev and AGregori like this.
  4. ksam2

ksam2

Hi how can prevent camera field of view from being effected by Shot Camera field of view?

5. ksam2

ksam2

I solved the issue by another way :)

6. PavelLangweil

PavelLangweil

There's an issue in a version I just bought. Objects following path along bezier curve go straight from control point to control point instead of neatly along the curve. I tracked the issue down to this in BezierPath.cs:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static Vector3[] GetSampledPathPositions(BezierPoint p1, BezierPoint p2, int resolution) {
    2.             var result = new List<Vector3>();
    3.             var limit = resolution + 1;
    4.             var _res = resolution;
    That _res is converted to int in my case, so the resulting time steps are either 0 or 1. When I type that to float that fixes the issue. Ie:

Code (CSharp):
    1. float _res = resolution;

7. nuverian

nuverian

Hello everyone!

I'd like to remind you to please use the official forums for support since it is far better for tracking inquiries per thread there. Feel free to also join our community on discord as well. Last but not least there were a lot of updates since my last post here! You can always find the full change log on the website :)

Thank you.

8. Acego

Acego

can the cutscenes be interactive? I mean so the player may still walk, while the cutscene is playing

9. dgoyette

dgoyette

Yes. The Cutscene controls only whatever game objects you assign to it. You can choose to put the player's object into the cutscene or not, in any given cutscene.

The way I use Slate, most of my cutscenes take control of the main camera, and the player has no control. But for a few cutscenes, I don't include the main camera, and I allow the player to continue to control the camera and walk around. It's as simple as 1) Including or not including the camera in the cutscene, and 2) Disabling or not disabling whatever controller you use for player movement when the cutscene is playing.

Think of Slate as kind of like a big animation clip with a lot of extra control. It's up to you to decide which objects/properties you want the cutscene to affect.

nuverian and Acego like this.
  10. nuverian

nuverian

11. Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Jonathan-Westfall-8Bits

Would you be okay with someone updating the Cinemachine camera extension package for you?
    Was updating to Cinemachine 3.0.1 and due to Cinemachine being rewritten from the ground up some API changed.
    This caused a bit of errors, but they were easy to update to the new API.
    Already got it working, but figured other community members might need an updated API package for the new version.

AGregori likes this.
  12. nuverian

nuverian

Hello! The Cinemachine extension package was made by a Slate user, but of course, if you have updated/made changes to the extension, please feel free to post it in the forums and I will stick and link to it from the downloads section of the website :) . Thank you.