Search Unity

SLATE (Complete Gameplay Cutscenes & Cinematics Sequencer)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nuverian, Feb 29, 2016.

1. nuverian

nuverian

Hey,

I have attached for you here a playmaker action that will jump the cutscene time to a specified section and optionally stop the cutscene as well. That will effectively also rewind time of course, if the cutscene time is after the specified section time.
    Let me know if that is indeed what you were after.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

Crossway likes this.
  2. Crossway

Crossway

Thanks but I get error after importing this action.

Assets/ParadoxNotion/SLATE Resources/Extensions/Playmaker/Actions/JumpToSection.cs(32,22): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `Slate.Cutscene.JumpToSection(string)' has some invalid arguments

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  3. namdo

namdo

I was wondering could you make the finger rig from Final IK work in the timeline? While usiing look Ik and fbb ik is great, finger rig IK would be good too.

4. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

The same question :) Also question about master audio integration ;) I write few e-mail but probably you have no time to answer @nuverian

5. nuverian

nuverian

@Everyone : Please use the official forums for support and faster responses. Thank you!

Hello again,

I have attached for you here the fixed package.

Thanks!

Hello,

I haven't yet take a look at the finger rig, but I think it would be possible, yes.
    Can you please make a new post on the official Slate forums with your feature request?
    Thank you in advance!

Hey :)
    I have send you an initial Master Audio integration for testing to your email :)
    Let me know there if that works for you.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

Crossway likes this.
  6. akuei2

akuei2

Hi, I'm using Unity 2017.4.16f1 with latest Slate version 1.90.
    Here my problem:

No UI display and console warning as draw UI fail ... any idea?

7. Crossway

Crossway

Pretty useful asset :) thanks.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    nuverian and hottabych like this.
  8. namdo

namdo

Think you're ever gonna update the UI to use the current Unity UI?

9. nuverian

nuverian

@Everyone. I've stated this many times in the past, but once again, I no longer monitor these forums. Please join us in the official Slate Forums, or the official Discord Server for questions and/or support. Thank you!

@Crossway Thanks!

@namdo I am not really sure what you mean by saying "current" Unity UI.

10. protopop

protopop

Just a note - i went to the forum but it says its disabled:

The website is currently being migrated to another server.
    Forums will remain disabled until the process is completed.
    Last updated 14:00 07-March-2019

Im not a discord expert but i will try there

nuverian likes this.
  11. dgoyette

dgoyette

It's probably just temporary. I was on the forums over there yesterday, and started seeing the maintenance message today. Hopefully back in another day or two...

nuverian and protopop like this.
  12. nuverian

nuverian

Hey,

The website migration to a better place (aka host) has finally finished and the forums are back online. The website should now be blazing faster than it was before (and hence the reason the migration happened in the first place). The documentations got a revamp and search bar, while the forums got a nicer text editor while all the above happened. Finally the website is now also secured (using HTTPS) for golden shiny locks.
    Everything should be in order, but if you find any problems with the website, please let me know.

Thank you!

13. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Hello there!

Can anyone tell me how Slate compares to Unity’s built-in Timeline sequencer?

Is it really better, faster or more user friendly?

I know Slate was released before Unity’s Timeline so, is it still relevant now that Timeline exists?

Thank you! :)

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

I prefer SLATE to Timeline. It's much easier to set up animation and camera movement, and to set up custom actions.

atomicjoe likes this.
  15. Kiupe

Kiupe

Hi @nuverian ,

I'm trying to export a game to Windows Store targetting .Net as a scripting backend. Doing so Slate returns a lot of errors as the following screenshot shows off:

slate_error.PNG

Any idea how can I fix that ?

Thanks

16. BoboShu

BoboShu

slate version 1.9.2
    unity 2017.4.25f1
    .net 4.6
    android or ios with il2cpp runtime had exception
    log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.CreateLambda (System.Type delegateType, System.Linq.Expressions.Expression body, System.String name, System.Boolean tailCall, System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1[T] parameters) (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>.0)

System.Linq.Expressions.Expression.Lambda[TDelegate] (System.Linq.Expressions.Expression body, System.String name, System.Boolean tailCall, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] parameters) (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>.0)

Slate.CameraShot.OnAfterValidate () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>.0)

Slate.Cutscene.Validate () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>.0)

Slate.Cutscene.Awake () (at <00000000000000000000000000000000>.0)

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  17. nuverian

nuverian

Hey, I have replied to your PM regarding this. It is revant to code stripping.
    Let me know there.

18. nuverian

nuverian

19. flo-feld

flo-feld

hi @nuverian ,
    first of all i just bought slate and i love it. much better than unity's built in timeline. many thanks for the good work! :)
    that being said one reason i bought it was because i saw it has mecanim support. i understand that mecanim tracks are legacy and i should use the animator track instead. however the animator track only plays single animations and i really need to access my blend trees in the animator. is there some way to simulate blend trees with animator tracks that i didn't think of? for example is it possible to set the weight of a single clip instead of the whole track? but even than it would actually be an overkill to blend my 24 animations together frame by frame... :D

with the mecanim track i only have to animate 2 parameters and it works just fine and as intended. the issue here is that every time i save my scene in unity the mecanim track looses it's connection to the animator's parameters that i animated.
    would be great if you could help me find a solution.

i am using unity 2019.1.10 btw.

many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    atomicjoe likes this.
  20. nuverian

nuverian

Hello there! I am really sorry for the late reply but I was on a summer break/vacation.
    Thank you. I am really glad to hear that you like Slate! :)

Indeed, the Mecanim Track is prety much legacy due to the Animator Track, but of course you can use it as much as you like :) If you want to take use of the existing blend trees you have created then it is actually the only way. Regarding the Animator Track, you can have multiple Animator Tracks so that you can play multiple layered animation clips (optionally using Avatar Masks as well for each layer = Animator Track). There is no per clip weight, but I think this is something that should be there already and I can/will add it now that you mention it : -).

Regarding the issue you mentioned I was able to reproduce on my end. Do you happen to get this warning in the console when this happens: "Animator is not playing an AnimatorController"? All I do in code is to get animator.parameters property. This issue was never there on previous versions of Unity and it seems it's a "new" Unity bug. It can also be reproduced with a simple script like this and regardless of Slate, if you just call the Context Menu of the script (attached on a gameobject with Animator), after you save the scene.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    3. public class NewBehaviourScript : MonoBehaviour
    4. {
    5.     [ContextMenu("Do")]
    6.     public void Do() {
    7.         var problemAfterSave = GetComponent<Animator>().parameters;
    8.     }
    9. }

A workaround this I found working however, is that you can enter/exit playmode to make the Animator work again as it should. I know it's not the best solution, but hopefully Unity will fix this at some point. ( I will submit a bug report to them).

Thank you!

21. nuverian

nuverian

@flo-feld Hey again. I forgot to mention or quote you on my reply just above, so I am doing it now. :)
    While the things I've state above hold true, I've also found a solution from someone else that was facing the same bug.
    I've made the required changes in the context of Slate and have attached for you the changes in a unitypackage. I did test it and seems to work after saving the scene now. Please note though that this is still a hack around the Unity bug and thus the warning "Animator is not playing an AnimatorController" will still show, but only once this time at least.

Thank you.

Attached Files: