Search Unity

Games Skyrider prototype racing game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SiwardJCS, May 20, 2020.

1. SiwardJCS

SiwardJCS

cs747 likes this.
  2. munchou

munchou

Hi,

It's a prototype, so I can't criticize much (right?).
    Only 2 things really bothered me:
    - When going reverse and turning, it turns the wrong way.
    - How is the mass distributed? The vehicle doesn't fall off the track when even 3/4 of it has nothing to hold it. And it doesn't follow the angle of the slopes, it always keeps its horizontal position.

Good luck!

3. SiwardJCS

SiwardJCS

Thanks for trying it out. I may try using a narrower collision box on the vehicle to see if it makes a difference with it staying on the track. The reason it doesn't follow slopes is the rotations are frozen on x and z to keep it from flipping over.

4. munchou

munchou

If it flips over, add the possibility of changing the center of mass. Then by adjusting the latter (especially on the y axis), it should solve your issue.

5. SiwardJCS

SiwardJCS

Thanks for your input. There will be a follow up game in the future that takes the story to a different level and uses some of the ideas you are talking about.

cs747 likes this.
  6. SiwardJCS

SiwardJCS

I tried changing the center of mass and it still flips. I wonder if it's worth the frustration of being able to flip the vehicle.

7. SiwardJCS

SiwardJCS

I have recently updated the UI and added a score. It works in both the downloadable and web versions.

cs747 likes this.