Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Skybox Unity VR - Video 360 - can’t build in my headset

Discussion in 'VR' started by hugopkahn, May 30, 2023.

1. hugopkahn

hugopkahn

Hello to everyone, I hope you guys are doing great.

I've been tearing my hair out for several days over a problem that's been presenting itself to me. I'm developing a quiz via Unity so that I can play it in VR on my Oculus Quest 2 headset.
    During the quiz, I need the user to view some pre-recorded 360 videos. So I created a skybox and I insert one 360 video for each scene.

I therefore programmed 3 scenes in Unity:
    The first is the Welcome scene, where the user can choose which quiz to take.
    There are two buttons: « 1 » and « 2 », which are linked to two other scenes: Quiz1 and Quiz2.

Quizzes 1 and 2 work on the same principle: when the scene is launched, a video is supposed to play thanks to a skybox. Questions appear as the video is played.

When I play the whole thing on Unity, everything seems to work perfectly. However, when I build it in the Oculus, the application doesn't build at all... So I tried with only the Welcome scene and the Quiz1 scene and it works fine. But when I try with the Welcome scene and the Quiz2 scene, the application doesn't build in my headset... Same with the three scenes together…

I don't understand why this is... The videos are in the same format and were filmed with the same camera a few minutes apart...

I thank you in advance for helping me.

Take care everyone!
    Hugo

2. Deltigre

Deltigre

Unity Technologies

Hey hugopkahn, in order to help you we need a bit more information:
    • What version of Unity are you using?
    • Can you screenshot or copy and paste the specific errors you are seeing so we have more context?
    • If it's happening during runtime, can you include Android logcat output?