Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Sky MASTER - Physical skybox- Volume clouds- Weather FX- Ocean- Real time GI proxy-Mobile

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. ForceVFX

ForceVFX

can you LOD the volume clouds, to simple particles or sprite textures at a distance, to try and eliminate the popping, hard edge horizon?, cause, I'd really like my F-22 in and out of those beautiful clouds, it is the one thing I really need, great looking clouds that I can fly above. thanx, Patrick

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi

The clouds can be extended to background a lot, i will add a sample video asap

ForceVFX likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Fly through Clouds WIP

4. ForceVFX

ForceVFX

loving it!, nice upper cirrus layers, blended nicely! great pinkish & blue tones...give me a freakin wing suit, Im jumping in.

eaque likes this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes this version is fly through ready :)

I am also adding light volume around the clouds to get that heavely look from sun shafts

ForceVFX likes this.
  6. ForceVFX

ForceVFX

when you come down through the cloud bank, those flat bottom clouds & the great fly through, in my cart.....they seem a perfect , I wonder, what that would look like in my new tri-copter?
    just finished up the 4 color choice shader

(if you see one brown ship, its unity cache..sorry, same file name)

most viewed from here

almost 1 1/2 weeks to finish & fine tune, all rigged, textured and new custom shaders..I'm pooped!

Patrick

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    nasos_333 likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

I hope i can do the great work justice :)

Clouds and Water WIP

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Clouds and Water WIP

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Clouds and Water WIP

Real Volumetric Water - Lighting - Clouds

eaque and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Sky Master HDRP version. This is a first version of the v3.x clouds and water for the new HDRP pipeline.

Sky Master ULTIMATE modules (InfiniCLOUD) is next up for conversion.

Acissathar likes this.
  11. Acissathar

Acissathar

Is Sky Master going to have any usability changes with the next update, like removing the older systems or condensing the options? I know right now it has tons of customization, but even the current drag and drop prefab has a bunch of stuff that needs to be cleaned out for an existing game.

The new stuff looks gorgeous and I want to give it a go.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I do plan to remove some of the oldest stuff, like some particle clouds, but there is no plan to remove systems in general, as would limit the options for users.

What i can do though is add a button to clearup the prefab when implemented on scene based on the choices made.

Unfortunately even with the latest cutting edge systems, all previous systems still serve a purpose and can be used effectively for different platforms and looks, and i dont want to take away this options as otherwise the system would be more limited like other normal systems on store that can create one specific look making all games look exactly the same and super heavy for older or mobile platforms.

For me this is bad to happen, so will always strive to offer as many options and variables to play with in these options as possible. I am a game creator myself and one of the biggest problems is how everything looked same with other games, is same as with my grass system, i strived to give a new shader to break the look and problems of all the other store systems and is still one of its major advantages .

But i agree the sky system has accumulated a bit too much, so i do plan for sure to remove the oldest particle clouds before volumetric ones and few other older systems to have a cleaner prefab.

In HDRP version there will be more changes as well because few systems will be altered altogether like the fog.

Acissathar likes this.
  13. Acissathar

Acissathar

That's what I was trying to get at, not necessarily remove the systems entirely but clean up things that might not be in use for that specific project.

Look forward to the next update!

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed this is good idea to have, especially when using the prefab drag and drop. For step by step configuration most are optional anyway, besides the oldest clouds with particles that are just disabled but in the prefab. I will be removing those as well, so i hope with all these there can be perfectly clean system in any given scene.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Volumetric Clouds with fly through and special atmospheric effects and new volumetric Water system WIP

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

HDRP pipeline conversion WIP

Sun shafts converted to Post Processing Stack for global use in any pipeline

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master xSTREAM - Water sparkles

Sky Master xSTREAM - Water with rain

Sky Master next big version WIP, new water and fly through cloud systems.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

New volumetric Water and Clouds WIP