Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics [HDRP-UPR ✅] Sky Master ULTIMATE-Physical skybox-Volume clouds-Weather FX-Ocean-Realtime GI-Mobile

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric Lighting & clouds WIP for v3.4

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric Lighting & clouds WIP - Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4

Everything in the pics is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE, no extra packs are required (FFT waves will arrive in v3.5)

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta is almost done, I just finished the first manual version and will refine the system and manual a bit more and will be available for Beta download soon.

Everyone interested in the v3.4 Beta, that brings the new Gradient based system, volumetric clouds and lighting, please send a PM here with the invoice and i will send a Beta link (google drive) as soon as it is ready for download.

All Sky Master ULTIMATE users can get in the Beta.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The manual is now finished and i have also added another feature in the Inspector (more land shader handling options).

I will add a few polishing touches to the manual and post a link for reference later.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume clouds - lighting (v3.4) & FFT ocean (v3.5) WIP

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Stress test of v3.4 with:
    - Volumetric gradient fog
    - volumetric lighting (sun shafts from any sun angle)
    - volumetric shader clouds (multi layer, evolving)
    - multiple image effects (Color correction, Vignette)
    - Reflection probe
    - sky calculated ambient
    - water with shore line
    - full reflections
    - water refraction, specular from sun, local lights
    - special procedural snow - water enabled material
    - wave height calculation for boat handling and floaters

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

More videos

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 WIP

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Big -34% discount on Sky Master ULTIMATE- ($59 instead of $90)

To celebrate the imminent release of the new v3.4 of Sky Master ULTIMATE i will hold a discount for a limited time.

Enjoy :)

Please remember to leave a review for the system to help with the development. The Beta for v3.4 is WIP will be available for download for all Sky Master ULTIMATE users later this week.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Voiced tutorials

These new tutorials have more details and voice over for better understanding. I post for anyone that may have missed them (since i got some inquiries for voiced and step by step tutorial videos recently)

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video from the WIP on the new v3.4 workflow

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video from the WIP on the new v3.4 features

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video from the WIP on the new v3.4 workflow and the new Volumetric lighting system

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video from the WIP on the new v3.4 workflow - Volumetric lighting & clouds

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video from the WIP on the new v3.4 workflow

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Putting the final touches to the volume lighting and new demos (plus more Configurator options)

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 will be ready for download early next week, for all Sky Master ULTIMATE users.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Rainbow added for v3.4.The rainbow can be tweaked for transparency, brightness and tint.

The final technical sides are now done and i am polishing everything for the Beta release next week.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Joint demo for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and InfiniGRASS v1.7
    (the 1st version will release on Monday, with limited Sky Master integration -volume fog, dynamic evolving volume clouds without controller, snow and river water - and will be expanded with full integration later in the week)

To celebrate the imminent release of the new v3.4 of Sky Master ULTIMATE i will hold a discount for a limited time.

red2blue likes this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I had a request about some of the joint Sky Master ULTIMATE and InfiniGRASS v1.7 demos, which are used for some of my videos. These are usually fast put together and do not represent the best setup possible (are put together quickly to show a specific functionality) so i do not follow on them, but since now i have integrated the two systems a lot more and come up with increasingly more complete demos using both, i decided to create some joint demos for user use and provide to everyone that has both of my packs.

The only issue is that the versions of the packs will have to be the latest for example, thus for the upcoming demos i will be using v3.4 of Sky Master ULTIMATE and InfiniGRASS v1.7 and the demos will be available as downloads as soon as v3.4 is on the store (v1.7 of InfiniGRASS will also be on the store by that time)

Then i will annouce the availability of the demos. Also all Beta testers can have the demos much sooner (since will have v3.4 to go with and i can send InfiniGRASS v1.7 as well).

The Beta will start this week, so everyone that would like to test the v3.4 system let me know with a PM.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

4th clouds preset - type for v3.4

24. keifyb

keifyb

hi, i just got sky master ultimate and was wondering if there is any photon support as i plan to use this with the ufps photon multiplayer add-on.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

There is not out of the box Photon support. The system can changed TOD and weather on demand, so can be made to synchronize in general, the specifics depend on the system used i suppose and i can help with the coding of such synchronization code.

Streamlined Photon support is planned along with Playmaker support, but i cant tell exactly when will come as i have no experience in either and will take some getting used to the systems first to perform properly.

Let me know for further questions and any help in how to code the various need to synch parts.

Lohrion likes this.
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 WIP with InfiniGRASS v1.7

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

28. keifyb

keifyb

any ufps multiplayer tips n tricks would be helpful, struggling a little here. strange upside down screen, missing clouds, errors of water not an instance of something, some gi error, if u remove something there is a script added else where and everything even went black at one point lol. As a newb to this system there is a lot to get your head around, im sure things will make sense eventually. im also using, tho not even tried to integrate yet are gaia, world streamer, and uconstruct tree manager system and realistic car controller. oh you said playmaker might be a thing so yes please. great system anyways im enjoying it, fun times :)

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ufps issues are probably because of camera setup, i had similar mention before.

In this issue there was gun ghosting, that was solved when putting the weapon camera to Forward render mode. So try this which may solve the upside down also.

For the upside down also try to remove the plane that has the rain drops (parented to camera) if exists (if insterted from the configurator), the clouds can be a camera distance issue (increase view distance of cameras for instance and see if fixes it)

If get stuck, i can Skype in and use Teamview perhaps or other means to debug on site. Unfortunately i dont own UFPS to test all versions etc, but i will try to help as much as possible get everything working proper.

For any errors please send the error message so i can figure out what it is (e.g. code line etc). If you put to the scene everything with the configurator, there should not be reference issues (you can see one of the first tutorials for this, the voiced ones preferably below)

Let me know for more details and any further help and questions

30. keifyb

keifyb

just found this on the unity forum in regard to some of the issues regarding the image effects due to the multi camera setup of ufps and it seems to sort it out quite a bit.

FPS Camera settings:
    - Depth = -1. (default)
    - Rendering path = Deferred
    - Clear Flags = Skybox. (default)
    - Culling Mask = unselect the "Weapon" layer.
    - Apply the ImageEffect script (SSAO, GlobalFog..etc).

WeaponCamera settings:
    - Depth = 0. (Render on top of FPS camera)
    - Rendering path = Forward.
    - Clear Flags = Depth Only.
    - Culling Mask = select the "Weapon" layer only.

thanks for the advice, removing the water droplets fixed the upside down problem. i'm gonna have to take a break tho for now but i will let u know i still get errors with the water, maybe i just did it wrong lol.

Maybe u should get ufps, alot of peeps use it and the photon multiplayer add on for it. i guess that was why i got it cause there was such a big community. it would be ace if it all just worked (dreaming) hehe.

keep up the ace work, and thanks again

nasos_333 likes this.
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, forward in Weapon camera fixes lots of issues as it seems.

I will consider getting UFPS for sure, it has a lower price also

Let me know for anything else that comes up

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The 5th volume cloud type is finilized and integrated (thicker more vertical looking style) and the rainbow is also controlled by the cloud script with an (optional) automatic mode to handle it before and after rain.

The Inspector is also augmented to sense which clouds are active and enable only the specific properties for control, some of the types have extra controls for fine tuning.

InfiniGRASS v1.7 Demo (Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta on volume clouds-fog & river water)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/INFINIGRASS/INFINIGRASSv17_SKYMASTER_DEMO.html

red2blue likes this.
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tweaking for the final presets and the new v3.4 demo

red2blue likes this.
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Demo WIP

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and InfiniGRASS v1.7, the grass - trees etc are directly compatible with Sky Master Gradual Snow Growth system.

InfiniGRASS v1.7 Demo (Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta on volume clouds-fog & river water)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/INFINIGRASS/INFINIGRASSv17_SKYMASTER_DEMO.html

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric lighting v3.4 WIP

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric lighting v3.4 WIP

red2blue likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 WIP - Cloud wind

erichkr and Lohrion like this.
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The Beta is progressing with the final technical issues being solved (cloud shadows tweaking, fixed issue with 2ond directional light and addpass in clouds, tweaking of rainbow behavior for various weather types, adding more special effects in demo etc)

The v3.4 demo will arrive soon (probably in weekend) and the Beta should be ready for next week release.

Sky Master ULTIMATE discount is extended
    and will be on sale early next week as well !!!

red2blue likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

First WIP Beta demo of Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Atoll demo:
    (I will post new links o the demo soon, Dropbox blocked the previous one due to bandwidth limitations - too much traffic)

I decided to export a preview demo for the Beta (not final Beta demo) for getting impressions on the system and more suggestions. The Beta will be released later this week after all refinement and tweaking has finished.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  41. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

It seems all my demos are disabled by Dropbox, due to bandwidth limitations. I will try to contact Dropbox and restore functionality as soon as possible and if all else fail i will upload Windows version of the demos as standalones for download though Google Drive.

Please excuse the inconvinience.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A hotfix for making water work fully on WebGL
    is now available for v3.3d for everyone interested, on PM request.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta is ready for release, i am doing a few final checks and i will upload later today.

A video from the new GI proxy demo, using the v3.4 Volumetric Lighting system. This demo scene will also be included (in GI Proxy folder)

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta is now available for Google Drive download for everyone interested. Please send a PM with the invoice and i will send a link asap.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta Demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/ATOLL v3.4 DEMO.html

A few notes on the demo, the system is used to full extend in the demo, so there is full reflections from everything by default and clouds are also in the top quality, plus all effects are active at once (e.g. dynamic gameobject particles with multiple forces, volumetric lighting, volume fog, all cloud layers reflected in the water etc), so there is a lot of room for further optimization. The demo included in the Beta download has more optimizations in place than the webplayer demo (e.g. onle one cloud layer is reflected, reflections are controlled with layers etc)

The system has a very big number of new features and new extended configurator and design, it will be great to have suggestions as to what else could go in for easier use and other needs that may be important to access through the configurator. It is advised to make a backup of the scenes or project before installing the Beta, i have tested extensively and it is close to release quality and backwards compatibility, but better be on the safe side.

The new gradient based coloration system, volume clouds and lighting modules can be setup through the inspector in already exisiting Sky Master setups. Make sure to disable the volume particle clouds when using the new shader volume clouds, by removing from the SkyMasterManager volume clouds references, so one volumetric cloud type is used at every one time for performance.

To make the most out of the included terrain shader, the Unity terrain splat maps must also have a normal map assigned, so snow and wetness can adapt to small detailed detphs of the splat texture (this applies to the current version as well).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    red2blue likes this.
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

An new hotfix for the v3.4 Beta is now available, solving an issue in Volume Weather event system, when no volume clouds were assigned to a weather.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta and the new hotfix are available in google drive download link for all users.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta Demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/ATOLL v3.4 DEMO.html

To celebrate the imminent release of the new v3.4 of Sky Master ULTIMATE the asset will be on discount for a limited time.

46. StevenP94

StevenP94

Hello, I'm working on a multiplayer game and I'm curious about the weather synchronization for multiplayer games over a network.
    There will be (or there are, I've not purchased the asset yet) API to allow multiple players to live in the same simulated environment ? There is a way to move server side the localization of a particular weather condition or (for example) the lightning's position and timing to avoid breaking the game immersion ?

Lohrion likes this.
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have not yet put detail in mutliplayer options, the lighting for example is procedural and could be made to synch in network, but currently is using a random method to create the placement without seed. This can be extended to support seed and export data to use over network, i will check on such impementation for next version (after v3.4 releases)

The weather is dynamic so when one weather activates on server, it is also possible to send a similar weather request for clients for example, same for time of day sync, but details like lighting etc are not yet possible to synch without extra coding ( i mean extra than passing a simple variable like in TOD or weather cases)

48. Pyroman311

Pyroman311

Hello! This looks great! I was wondering though, how does this look for indoor scenes? Is there any example screenshots you can provide?

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system can influence the inside by three means

1. The real time sky based ambient light update (optional and with regulation of instensity in Inspector)
    2. The direct sun light coming in from windows etc
    3. GI Proxy for emulation of real time GI with spread of point lights as bounce lights

Here is a video showing the 3rd option:

Video from the new GI proxy demo, using the v3.4 Volumetric Lighting system. This demo scene will also be included (in GI Proxy folder)

And in the new v3.4 there is a 4th option, the new volumetric lighting system that can be combined with the sun light and emulate dust in the room for example from any sun angle. This is also shown in the above video.

Another thing that can be used when inside, is the rain drops material that emulates water dripping down a glass window for example when raining and is auto ragulated when n rainy weather.

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

New GI Proxy demo with v3.4 Volume lighting. Real time color grab

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016