Search Unity

Games SKULL RAZOR

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted User, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Decided to start a WIP thread for my game. Its called SKULL RAZOR.

Been working on this for the past 10 months. It's a simple game, duck and dodge kind of game, maybe sort of like a runner.

It's not much to look at right now. I had a long road of learning code. Computer Animation is my background. But I'm at a point now where I have pretty much all the code ready. Everything else is pretty easy for me. I used to work for Ubisoft Toronto as a 3D character artist, on titles such as Splinter Cell Blacklist and Assassins' Creed Unity. I left in 2015 to pursue entrepreneurship. Started my own sunglasses company, which exploded and did very well for a few years. Then I hit rock bottom and lost everything, millions brutal couple years.

Anyway, I decided to make a mobile game. See if I could do it again. Been working on this for almost a year now.

There isn't much in the video I posted. I'll post a better video in a week or so. With a lot more content. Upgrades. Powerups. Skulls. Levels. Etc etc.

The game is sort of gonna be like WipeOut and Tony Hawks put together, but duck and dodge. Flips, grinds, switching between different styles of gameplay. Lots of robotic Skull crafts, with upgrades, etc. Right now there is only 2 buttons, Jump and Boost. Pondering a 3rd button, maybe for grinds, not sure yet. I want the game to be simple, I hate small buttons on mobile games lol.

You scrub your thumb up and down on the left side of the screen to rotate the Skull 360 degrees.

Ramp animations are triggered automatically if hit. You basically have to duck and dodge incoming obstacles. Build your Energy level up to open new areas, upgrades, power ups, smash through walls into "tunnel' sections, within mountains, structures, etc. Very fast game, trying to make it as fast as I can without being impossible to play.

I'll be doing 10 levels on the planets surface, then another 10 levels in the atmosphere, orbit and on moons around the planet. The game will end when you reach a certain Energy Core score (top left number).

The ending will be reaching the Hyper Drive jump station orbiting the planet. When you enter the Hyper Drive gate the game ends. Which will lead to Skull Razor 2. Which will be Galactic, with a ton of planets, new gameplay features, Skulls, etc.

*please note, there are no obstacles in this dev vid. Just testing ramp triggers, UI stuff, Save/load, and speed, lighting/post.

I also decided to integrate a Dark Universe, just the other day actually. Which is basically the same 20 levels except different Post and Lighting, with some small changes to the levels here and there. More bang for the users buck, its easy to do, just duplication. The levels are also inverted on X. Sort of like a mirror dimension of the Light Universe. So the game will have a total of 40 levels. There is also another render mode I'm doing, for a secret unlockable, it's pretty cool. But I'll show that later.

Here is test video from my Google Pixel 2 XL

I hope to finish this off within the next few months. Been a long road. So much work.

I knew this project was gonna be daunting. But being 10 months in now, it's way more work then I thought.

Anyway, love to hear some thoughts, suggestions or feedback.

Thanks my friends!

Cheers ✌️

Mark