Search Unity

(SKStudio) Sprite Keyframe Studio v1.0

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by HashbangGames, Jun 7, 2013.

1. HashbangGames

HashbangGames

Hello,

I wanted to introduce my new product that I've submitted to the Asset Store. It's called SKStudio (Sprite KeyFrame Studio).
    Have a look at the video. SKStudio allows you to take a simple spritesheet and convert it into unity animations with ease.

Hope you enjoy, please post feedback if you like what you see. SKStudio will be available ( upon approval ) in the asset store for $25.00.

Thanks,
    Marco
    Hashbang Games

2. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I suggest getting rid of the Plane and replacing it with a 2-triangle Quad. I presume you basically rely on dynamic batching?

3. HashbangGames

HashbangGames

The initial prefab is not really intended to be your final product you use in your game. It is simply a quick way to see the result of your animation. You should apply the animation / material to a mesh that is appropriate for your game. The tool showcases the ability to quickly generate the sprite animation. However, Not a bad idea to add an optimized mesh, so someone wouldn't have to create one to begin with. I'll post that suggestion in my first update to the tool.

Thanks!

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It looks a little confusing to me - is there any reason why you'd have people even calculate any values themselves with a calculator? An ideal workflow is you set the number of tiles along x, y and framerate and it does the rest for you.

5. HashbangGames

HashbangGames

yes, the video is now out of date, that is no longer anything you have to do manually. I have updated the application to auto calculate those values and populate it. You can set it to any frame in the animation by right clicking and selecting "set texture" option which is a new context menu item.

6. outtoplay

outtoplay

Nice looking Tool. I'm a solid TK2D toolkit user, but it lacks a capability that I require. If your can provide it...I'm in.

Does your sprite kit allow me to create animated sprites as exportable assets, for use by others or for sale. AS an example, I SmoothMoves, I can create an jointed animated character that I can sell or provide for another project without including the plugin.

Can I create stand alone animated sprite assets?