Search Unity

Skip Transition Time

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by gregmax17, Sep 13, 2020.

1. gregmax17

gregmax17

I have 2 Virtual Camera's in my scene, A and B. In my Cinemachine Brain I set it so when it transitions from A to B it takes 4 seconds with a Ease In and Out style. No problems, works great (awesome tool!).

But now I want it so when the user presses the Space bar, it just cuts from A to B? Or at the very least change the 4 seconds to something like 0.1 seconds via C#?

Some quick pseudo code would be appreciated!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can use the
    CinemachineCore.GetBlendOverride
    delegate. Install a custom handler that checks for the spacebar key, and returns a Cut blend if pressed, or the unmodified blend if not.

This delegate is called whenever a blend is about to be initiated. Your handler can keep the intended blend, or return a modified one to override it.

See https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...CinemachineCore.GetBlendOverrideDelegate.html

3. gregmax17

gregmax17

Thank you for the reply. I follow what you are saying, however, I really would appreciate some pseudo code - I don't understand how to use delegates :(

Also, how would this work if the blend is currently in transition? If its currently transition from A to B, and its about 25% through the blend, is there anyway to jump cut to the end?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The only way to interrupt a blend is to activate a new vcam. So maybe the best way forward for you is to forget the delegate, and instead make a new vcam C that's exactly the same as B, except that when spacebar is pressed you activate it, and it's set up to always cut.