Search Unity

Skinning Layout

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by awilson, May 22, 2008.

1. awilson

awilson

How does this work?

Is there gide lines that have to be meat for Unity to understand what part of the image goes to what part of the gui?

Can I have a skin just for a scroller, button act.. or do I have to skin fore every object as on image every time I would want a different button, scroller?( so what I mean I want a blue, red, green, button but no scroll would I have to make an image that is the essentially has all the components on it even when I am only going to be using the button part of the image)

I manely looking for some form of documentation on the HOW 2 lay out image and get the image and script working together.

Links are great I just can't fined any answerers to my questions...

2. shaun

shaun

You generally create a GUISkin that contains something like CSS styles for your forms and controls. It's actually just a persistent list of GUIStyles. You can define your own GUIStyles that derive from those already in the GUISkin and then change properties like the background normal and over images to get unique controls.

Read the GUI documentation in the manual - it takes you from start to finish, and you have to understand the architecture of Unity GUI before you get too deep into it - it's uses an immediate mode concept, which can be confusing if you're used to WinForm style UI development.

3. awilson

awilson

were is the gui part of the manual? not to be a burden.

4. shaun

shaun

5. awilson

awilson

but there is no example of how an image that you make in Photoshop is laid out so that unity can interpret it. How is this handled?