Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Skinned Mesh Renderer Disables on Play

Discussion in 'Animation Previews' started by jterry, Jun 21, 2020.

1. jterry

jterry

Hi, I'm using the 3DGamekitLite's character Ellen and have followed the instructions here to set up a Two Bone IK Constraint. Everything seems fine except when I press play, Ellen's Skinned Mesh Renderer turns off. I can toggle it back on, but it immediately toggles back off (in update I assume). If I duplicate her skinned mesh, it works fine.

If I turn off the RigBuilder from Ellen, and then hit play, she doesn't disappear, so I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the RigBuilder. I've searched the code for references to renderers, but I do not see anything.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Jebtor

Jebtor

Unity Technologies

Any chance the SkinnedMeshRenderer.enabled is animated by the animation clip that is played on the character?
    Otherwise some more information would be useful to help trouble shoot this. Are you able to reproduce this with another character? Does the same happen when you preview the animation using the Animation Window outside playmode?