Search Unity

Skinned Mesh Renderer bug on Android

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Remoro-Studios, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Remoro-Studios

Remoro-Studios

Hi guys,

We have imported a model into our scene and it worked fine in Editor and some of the real Android devices. However on some of the Android devices (older) the model turned into a mess like picture B. (Note that In the picture we hide all of the other parts and just left the face so you can see the problem easier.)

Any of you have ever experience anything like this? We tried adjusting the Skinned Meshed Renderer options in different ways but the problem still persist.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Remoro-Studios

Remoro-Studios

We have found the problem. It's because we enabled gpu skinning. After turning it off everthing works fine.

3. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    This bug should've been fixed on newer Unity versions. Which version are you using?

4. jtbuster

jtbuster

I have experienced this bug with Unity 2019.2.9f1 as well as 2019.2.8f1 (also couple prior versions).
    My problem TOTALLY went away like MAGIC when I disabled gpu skinning.
    This post is God sent! I have been dealing with this problem for a month (Unity newbie and this bug has caused me the most pain so far). I have scoured all over the web and finally came to this post!
    If it helps any, I am testing my build on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

5. jtbuster

jtbuster

Also one major detail is that I use the Anima2D plugin (by Unity) for all my mesh rendering and animations (perhaps a bug in there).