Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Skinned Mesh Combiner

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by marcos4503, Jan 18, 2019.

1. marcos4503

marcos4503

The Skinned Mesh Combiner MT does the work of combining your knits to reduce draw calls through two methods:

One mesh per material - Merges all knits and submails that use the same material in 1 mesh only! In the end, all properties, textures, materials and animations remain intact. It is the best method to use at runtime and the most efficient, in addition to being compatible with any type of model!

All in one - Merge all meshes, textures and patterns into 1 only. This method takes longer and is not compatible with all meshes, but it is the method that reduces draw calls more drastically. (Please keep in mind that this method only works with simple meshes, meshes that have only animations, bones, main textures. Meshes with normal maps, for example, may have compatibility problems.)

That simple! See the Skinned Mesh Combiner at the Asset Store now! I will always be working to improve and add new features!

Enjoy great asset documentation and optimize your 3D games!

This asset was created by me, Marcos Tomaz. If you need help just contact me via email (mtassets@windsoft.xyz).

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Hi,I have just bought this asset. It is very cool. I keep getting this error trying to combine meshes during runtime. upload_2019-4-23_22-34-24.png upload_2019-4-23_22-35-18.png

3. marcos4503

marcos4503

Hello TonismoGames!

Many thanks for buying the Skinned Mesh Combiner MT!
    Can you send an image that displays all the logs that appeared in the logs tab after trying the merge?

4. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Sure,in the demo it works fine.This issue is coming from runtime. I added the SkinnedMeshCombiner component at runtime too.
    upload_2019-4-24_18-55-46.png upload_2019-4-24_18-56-27.png upload_2019-4-24_18-58-47.png

5. marcos4503

marcos4503

Before the Skinned Mesh Combiner merge, it creates a list of meshes that will be merged. Whenever a mesh does not meet the minimum requirements, this mesh is removed from the merge list.

If at the end of the check, only 1 or 0 meshes remain, the merge is canceled.

It looks like you're trying to merge meshes that do not have textures ... The "All In One" method depends on materials that use main textures to work. If your materials do not use textures, consider using the "One Mesh Per Material" or "Just Material Colors" method!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  6. TonismoGames

TonismoGames

Thank You so much for the reply and help!

7. marcos4503

marcos4503

No problems! I am available!
    Have a great day and good productivity!

8. Cyrill9

Cyrill9

Greetings!

Does the asset combine individual characters only, or can it also combine multiple characters?

9. marcos4503

marcos4503

Hi!

The tool combines only individual characters!