Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Skinned Mesh Combiner - Support topic and announcements

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by marcos4503, Jan 18, 2019.

1. nekoneko777

nekoneko777

I understood better.
    the rootBone is still mystery to me lol but your explanation makes sense. I will assign the same bone before merging.
    Thanks for your quick reply!

marcos4503 likes this.
  2. nekoneko777

nekoneko777

Cool, thanks for the consideration. I will be waiting for the next release!

marcos4503 likes this.
  3. Clavus

Clavus

Quick question: could you also use this to combine a set of normal MeshRenderer components into a SkinnedMeshRenderer?

4. marcos4503

marcos4503

Hello!

So far, it is not possible to combine a set of normal Mesh Renderers into a Skinned Mesh Renderer, it is only possible to combine several Skinned Mesh Renderers into a single Skinned Mesh Renderer. Briefly speaking, it is not possible to combine Mesh Renderers into a Skinned Mesh Renderer as Mesh Renderers do not have information on bones, animations, deformations and etc. :)

If it is an alternative for you, I also have a tool that combines Mesh Renderers in a single Mesh Renderer, it can be very useful, this is the link for it

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/easy-mesh-combiner-mt-138805

5. Clavus

Clavus

Hm okay. I was wondering if there was a tool out there that did that in a way. The bones could be derived from the transform hierarchy, deformations are ignored (every mesh links to its parent transform bone). Technically all I want is to merge a set of meshes while keeping the transform hierarchy intact for animations.

marcos4503 likes this.
  6. marcos4503

marcos4503

I understand ... So far it is not possible to do this with the Skinned Mesh Combiner. Perhaps I will bring an asset with this premise in the future!

Thanks in advance! :)

7. PetraCephas

PetraCephas

Great product and a very happy customer.
    Working on my store review right now. WOW. Thank you! Helped my project so much.
    Just trying my luck now...
    Is there any way to delete hidden faces after the merge, to further optimize the mesh?

marcos4503 likes this.
  8. marcos4503

marcos4503

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad your project is going well!

Currently, the Skinned Mesh Combiner does not have a feature to erase faces that are overlapping, however, it is something I can consider adding in the future, if possible. There's more to come to the Skinned Mesh Combiner soon :)

PetraCephas likes this.
  9. Rewaken

Rewaken

@marcos4503 Is it possible for you to reduce required version. I want to test blendshape support but it is not possible for me to upgrade my whole project to 19.4 from 19.3

10. marcos4503

marcos4503

I understand...

I was doing a review on the Skinned Mesh Combiner, and I noticed that I will be able to reduce the minimum version required by the Skinned Mesh Combiner. Therefore, I will reduce the minimum version required for 2019.3!

I already sent this update to the Asset Store, but whenever I send an update, it needs to go through an approval process by the Unity team, so this update should already be available for download, I believe on Monday. :)

11. Rewaken

Rewaken

Great Can I get version early I can send you purchase confirmation pdf

12. marcos4503

marcos4503

For sure! Can you contact me through the support email, please?

mtassets@windsoft.xyz

13. Rewaken

Rewaken

Is it possible for you to reduce version requirement of ultimate LOD syste it also need 19.4.9

14. marcos4503

marcos4503

As soon as I sent the required version reduction update to the Skinned Mesh Combiner, I also sent it to the Ultimate LOD System, so the Ultimate LOD System must also require Unity 2019.3 on Monday!

15. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

First of all this is an awesome asset!

It improved our performance drastically.

In 2021 LTS and 2022 LTS we get this error on each recompile in the editor:
    We do use it for 3d not 2d so I guess we can ignore it.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
    2. Could not load list of method overrides due to Method not found: System.Threading.Tasks.Task Grpc.Core.IAsyncStreamWriter`1.WriteAsync(!0,System.Threading.CancellationToken)
    3. Could not set up parent class, due to: Generic type definition failed to init, due to: Could not load list of method overrides due to Method not found: System.Threading.Tasks.Task Grpc.Core.IAsyncStreamWriter`1.WriteAsync(!0,System.Threading.CancellationToken) assembly:D:\Git\PsyCurio\Assets\Packages\Grpc.Net.Client.2.51.0\lib\netstandard2.1\Grpc.Net.Client.dll type:ClientStreamWriterBase`1 member:(null) assembly:D:\Git\PsyCurio\Assets\Packages\Grpc.Net.Client.2.51.0\lib\netstandard2.1\Grpc.Net.Client.dll type:ClientStreamWriterBase`1 member:(null)
    4. Could not set up parent class, due to: Generic Type Definition failed to init, due to: Could not load list of method overrides due to Method not found: System.Threading.Tasks.Task Grpc.Core.IAsyncStreamWriter`1.WriteAsync(!0,System.Threading.CancellationToken) assembly:D:\Git\PsyCurio\Assets\Packages\Grpc.Net.Client.2.51.0\lib\netstandard2.1\Grpc.Net.Client.dll type:ClientStreamWriterBase`1 member:(null) assembly:D:\Git\PsyCurio\Assets\Packages\Grpc.Net.Client.2.51.0\lib\netstandard2.1\Grpc.Net.Client.dll type:ClientStreamWriterBase`1 member:(null)
    5. System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at <bfbc89a04b6b4dd49c3614d03fc31ce8>:0)
    6. MTAssets.SkinnedMeshCombiner.Editor.Anima2D.NamespaceExists (System.String desiredNamespace) (at Assets/MT Assets/Skinned Mesh Combiner/Editor/Anima2D.cs:57)
    7. MTAssets.SkinnedMeshCombiner.Editor.Anima2D.DetectIfAnima2dAssetExists () (at Assets/MT Assets/Skinned Mesh Combiner/Editor/Anima2D.cs:26)
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallDelayFunctions () (at <2acbecbc299e4654adc94df891af51f2>:0)

16. marcos4503

marcos4503

Hello! So that I can better help you, could you please contact me by email (mtassets@windsoft.xyz) or create a topic in my Discord community? (https://discord.gg/44aGAt4Sv4)

17. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

marcos4503 likes this.