Search Unity

Skinned Decals

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by phosphorous_, Dec 13, 2018.

1. p_hergott

p_hergott

Works on 2019.2?

2. PeterAndrewB

PeterAndrewB

Does this support HDRP, & latest 2019.3? I'll gladly like to try it.

3. iconnary

iconnary

Hi. The manual states that Blendshape Animation is not supported. Does this mean that the decals will not render properly if blendshapes change at all during runtime?

Thanks

4. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

I think it will just mean that the decals won't deform along with the blend shapes, they will remain in place. Only bone animation is supported.

5. castor

castor

Hey, @phosphorous_ I just bought the plugin and opened the Demo scene, and I just can't seem to generate the Decals in Editor following the video tutorial. It's like the Alt + Mouse press isn't getting detected. The camera just keeps rotating, rather than getting locked and generate the decal.

I have 2 Scene windows. Could that be the issue? Also, I have several cameras in my scenes (disabled) and sometimes I have none since they are generated on runtime. Could that be it?
    Is it the ProjectFromCamera.cs file that is responsible?

Help appreciated!

UPDATE: The only way I got it to work, is by closing my 2 inspector SCENE windows and then open a brand new one and it seems that it finally is able to detect the Alt+Click. (This issue happens even if I open your Demo scene).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  6. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Will this work with the Universal Render Pipeline?

7. FelDagaroth

FelDagaroth

@phosphorous_ I purchased Skinned Decals and am having trouble with it only appearing on the first material of a mesh (for instance, buttons on a shirt rather than the whole shirt). Guidance or help is much appreciated!

8. FelDagaroth

FelDagaroth

I just spotted the submesh code change hidden in a previous post and will try that out later when I’m back at my computer - still interested if there’s something else I’ll need to do. Thanks!

9. FelDagaroth

FelDagaroth

Scratch my previous posts, that code worked and it's awesome! I'm posting it here just in case anyone else has similar issues:

SkinnedDecalBuilder.cs lines 56-57:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. originalTriangles = new List<int>();
    2. originalMesh.GetTriangles(originalTriangles, 0);
    Change that to read as follows:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. originalTriangles = new List<int>();
    2. for(int i = 0; i < originalMesh.subMeshCount; i++) {
    3. List<int> submeshTris = new List<int>();
    4. originalMesh.GetTriangles(submeshTris, i);
    5. originalTriangles.AddRange(submeshTris);
    6. }

10. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Dev @phosphorous_ disappears 3 months after releasing asset. Never to be heard from again.

SteveKouts likes this.
  11. manscomgamedesign

manscomgamedesign

I wonder if there is a way to make the Skinned Decals Asset also working on dismembering model? I found out a dismember function to break down the skin mesh on my model but the skinned decals effect does not go with it, it stretch out the model. please see the attached image for reference. so anyone also making this kind of thing on your project?

Attached Files:

12. Aslak_Studio

Aslak_Studio

Hello,

I like this asset so far. But I have a small issue when building the project, there are two shader errors. See the attached picture. The error is on SkinnedDecals/Tessellated Parallax shader azt line 181:
    - UnitySetpupInstanceID: no matching 1 parameter function
    - Invalid subscript 'InstanceID' at line 181

Any idea bout how to solve this ?

Regards,

Attached Files: