Search Unity

SketchUp 2016 import not working?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by MV10, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MV10

MV10

Under Unity 5.2 and SketchUp 2015, I had no problem importing SKP models.
    I just updated to Unity 5.3 and SketchUp 2016 and it doesn't seem to like the 2016 SKP files.

I attached a couple simple files as examples. The 2015 file gets material and texture subfolders and the expected imported mesh details if you expand the model icon.

The 2016 file only gets a texture subfolder and the generic file icon and is not imported. Reimport does nothing. No error messages or any of the sort.

Edit: I noticed SketchUp's "save as" allows saving to older formats, and the same model saved as a 2015 file does load, so it isn't the model.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. ix3000

ix3000

Same issue with me. I just updated to unity 5.3.4f1 and use SketchupPro 2016.
    The import does not work and also Import new asset is not doing the import.
    When i save as sketchup 2015 it works fine.
    However the import model section appears.

Maybe this helps as well:
    When clicking on the "Select Nodes..." button it throws an exception
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    at UnityEditor.SketchUpDataSource.FetchData () [0x00000] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Src\SketchUp\Mono\SketchUpImportDlg.cs:94
    at UnityEditor.SketchUpDataSource..ctor (UnityEditor.TreeView treeView, UnityEditor.SketchUpNodeInfo[] nodes) [0x0000e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Src\SketchUp\Mono\SketchUpImportDlg.cs:69
    at UnityEditor.SketchUpImportDlg.Init (UnityEditor.SketchUpNodeInfo[] nodes, UnityEditor.SketchUpImporterModelEditor suModelEditor) [0x0008d] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Src\SketchUp\Mono\SketchUpImportDlg.cs:235
    at UnityEditor.SketchUpImportDlg.Launch (UnityEditor.SketchUpNodeInfo[] nodes, UnityEditor.SketchUpImporterModelEditor suModelEditor) [0x00006] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Src\SketchUp\Mono\SketchUpImportDlg.cs:253
    at UnityEditor.SketchUpImporterModelEditor.OnInspectorGUI () [0x001a3] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Src\SketchUp\Mono\SketchUpImporterModelEditor.cs:121
    at UnityEditor.AssetImporterTabbedEditor.OnInspectorGUI () [0x000bf] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\TabbedEditor.cs:126
    at UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) [0x00353] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:1231
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditor(Editor, Int32, Boolean, Boolean&, Rect&) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:1241)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditors(Editor[]) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:1028)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:OnGUI() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\Inspector\InspectorWindow.cs:352)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\HostView.cs:187)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\HostView.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\GUI\DockArea.cs:336)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Src/SketchUp/Mono/SketchUpImportDlg.cs Line: 94)

3. foszor

foszor

Still having this issue on 5.3.4p2

4. takatat

takatat

Me too.

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

6. shelshok

shelshok

It's that time again. 2017 is out.

7. tonialatalo

tonialatalo

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Its done. Its in 2017.3. We have some problems with the issue tracker not syncing with our bug system so it shows active. Its being looked into.

tonialatalo and filibis like this.
  9. mannyhams

mannyhams

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  10. TommyNbg

TommyNbg

When importing a Sketchup 2021 file into Unity 2020.3.26f1 I get an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error when selecting "select nodes..." during Sketchup import in Unity. I guess I have to use Sketchup 2020 instead or what is the latest Sketchup version supported by Unity 2020.3.26f1 for Sketchup import?