Search Unity

Skeleton Army generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by goblinworkshop, May 31, 2018.

1. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

This is Goblin Workshop, we´ve been working hard on creating a modular solution for generating skeleton creatures. The first asset we will be publishing is the standalone Skeleton Warrior pack, this is our first step into delivering a full Skeleton Army generator. The standalone version provides the base skeleton with 3 texture sets, an armor set and a custom bone axe, all models have 4 LODs and all textures are provided following PBR standard at 4K resolution. Models are fully rigged having Mecanim retargetting in mind, we also include a simple but powerful script that improves scapula and Patella bones posing as well as two 3d model files, one with body and armor as separated skinnedMeshRendereres aiming for lower drawcalls and one with body and each armor piece as a separated skinnedMeshRendereres, for full armor customization / combination. We will follow the same standard on the next Skeleton packs, this means that their armor parts, texture sets and weapons are interchangeable.

Please let us know if you have any questions, asset will be uploaded soon and we are looking forward working on the next packs.

2. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

3. RzzzA

RzzzA

Can I use it in iOS game development?

goblinworkshop likes this.
  4. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there RzzzA!
    Sure thing, we provide 4 LODs for our Skeleton Warrior pack:

Skeleton warrior body mesh
    LOD0 - ~24k verts ~37k tris
    LOD1 - ~13k verts ~18k tris
    LOD2 - ~11k verts ~15k tris
    LOD3 - ~8k verts ~9k tris

Skeleton warrior armor mesh
    LOD0 - ~7k verts ~13k tris
    LOD1 - ~4k verts ~7k tris
    LOD2 - ~3k verts ~5k tris
    LOD3 - ~2k verts ~3k tris

Bone Axe mesh
    LOD0 - ~1.3k verts ~1.8k tris
    LOD1 - ~1.0k verts ~1.3k tris
    LOD2 - ~0.7k verts ~0.9k tris
    LOD3 - ~0.4k verts ~0.5k tris

I would recommend trying LOD1 for high end IOS devices and LOD2 / LOD3 for older devices, we provide all textures as 4096x4096 but you might need to import them at lower resolution to reduce video memory usage.
    By default we use a standard cutout shader for the skeleton armature but we provide an armor set variation (no damage variation) that should work well without cutout/alpha blend, that would also improve performance on those devices.

Feel free to contact us in case you need more optimization tips, we love to talk about those things =)

PS: We also include two variatons, one with 2 Skinned Meshes (Body and armor), and one with 8 skinned meshes (each armor part and body), this provides both flexibility and performance.

Here´s a preview on concerning performance:

Those tests were aiming for PC, but we were stressing with 100 units, not something we would expect to cover for an IOS game :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  5. RzzzA

RzzzA

That's AMAZING and also thanks for fast response, I only want to use one of them in fact in my iOS game project, and I'm convinced it's gonna work just fine so I'll buy it now and try it.

goblinworkshop likes this.
  6. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Your skeleton looks very nice. Do you have any vids of it animating, particularly the scapula/patella bones feature?

Also, I just want a rigged skeleton, not medieval/fantasy armor... I understand this is going to be a series that builds on a base. Will there be a skelly-only version at some point or is this the "bare bones" base?

7. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there wetcircuit, here are two videos that might help showcase the rigging and skinning quality as well as scapula and patella solution:

Most bone pices "removed" on Skeleton Damage Preview can be hidden by adjusting bone scale to zero, this is not an optimal solution since they will still be included on all skinning and rendering calculation, but it´s a fast solution in case you need this type of visual variation on skeleton, we will be providing an advanced solution (the full generator pack, owners of Skeleton Warrior will get a discount on that) that dinamically generates an optimized skeleton mesh but it targets fantasy armor combinations and might be exessive depending what you need it for.

We do plan on providing an skelly-only asset as well, but we expect it only being available by the end of July since we are working on two new archetypes (necromancer and knight) and it´s taking ~2 weeks for asset store to approve new content. Skeleton and armor are separated skinned Mesh renderers so if you need this asset right away, you can use the Skeleton Warrior and just delete the armor skinned mesh renderer. Please let us know if you need any help, we can try to further explain the proccess if necessary.

We are proud to say this model is very realistic, high quality and the closest to a real life skeleton proportion and detail.

Cheers :)

wetcircuit likes this.
  8. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Update on how the Fire Skeleton will look, this is entirelly driven by shader.

9. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there! We´ve made progress on the Fire Skeleton shader and VFX, here´s how it´s looking We´ve managed to include some inertia to the flames so it looks more interesting when the character is moving. We will add some secondary VFXs and start packing for AssetStore. Cheers!

10. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Wow! The charred texture! :eek:

11. Rowlan

Rowlan

That looks awesome. Is that already in the available asset or will it come later or will it be a new asset?

12. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

13. Rowlan

Rowlan

14. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Hmmm, well the release date says it was yesterday. Maybe its a geographical thing. I am in Chicago, USA if that helps.

15. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Yes, something strange with the store… And it doesn't appear in the old store...

Attached Files:

16. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

17. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there everyone!
    Thanks a LOT for your interest! We´ve already contacted AssetStore and are trying to figure out what´s wrong. We will keep you all updated.
    Cheers!

Rowlan likes this.
  18. Rowlan

Rowlan

It works now, just bought it. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that there's no animation demo scene.

19. Rowlan

Rowlan

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  20. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there! Great to hear that! Sorry we don´t provide animations together with this asset, we do plan on having those later on but it´s just a lot of aditional work to get high quality animations done and we are currently focusing on the 3d models and custom shaders.
    The walk cycle animation I use here:

is from a free Unity Pack available on AssetStore, https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...jects/adam-character-pack-adam-guard-lu-74842
    I´m also using most of their setup for post processing to get the results from screenshots.
    Thanks a lot for your review on AssetStore, we are aways looking for improving our products and keep this communication channel open with you guys! =)

Fibonaccov and Rowlan like this.
  21. Miguelfanclub

Miguelfanclub

Are maya/max models in the package?

22. goblinworkshop

goblinworkshop

Hi there @Miguelfanclub ,
    We provide all 3d models as FBX files, source files are not included.
    Cheers

23. neilachr

neilachr

Very slick effect! Can the 2 advanced shaders for fire and flames be applied to other types of objects or are they specific to the skeleton mesh?

I'm interested in using these for a VR piece but want to have the same fire/flame effect on a candelabra I created.

Thanks in advance for any information.

24. Zarkow

Zarkow

Does the fire-shader support Deferred rendering, or will it be rendered in a separate Forward pass?

25. koirat

koirat

I'm thinking about buying skeleton for my game, I already bought cheap one from other creator and was very disappointed. To not be negatively surprised for the second time I have a few questions.

1. How are the rig-bones structured, are they along skeleton mesh bones. How are they rotated. It's important to me that rig-bone is rotated in a way that one axis is axis of joint and another axis is along bone. (for procedural animation)

2. How T-pose for this model look like.

3. It was mentioned that mesh is using cutout shader. I don't see any use for cutout on a skeleton mesh can it be changed for opaque without any consequences ?

4. I'm also interested about rendering details for skeletons as previous poster asked.

5. I might be also interested in buying burning skeleton but I would prefer to pay only for the shaders when I will already have models from skeleton warrio.

26. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

is there any chance the shaders will be updated to support HDRP?

I guess the odds of that happening is very very low since the last 3 messages weren't responded to, but worth a shot!

Rowlan likes this.
  27. churi24

churi24

Hi guys, do this support the built-in render pipeline? or is it for URP?