Search Unity

Skele: Character Animation Tools, Cutscenes and Animations authoring tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TMPxyz, Apr 16, 2014.

1. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, JesterGameCraft,

Thanks for your feedback,

No, they don't indicate a problem. You could comment out the

Code (CSharp):
    1. #define ALLOW_LOG
    from Assets/Skele/Common/Dbg.cs to silence them all.

No it's not abandoned, if I'll ever abandon the project, I'll put up a notice three months before, and put the notice link in the forum & store page with 36pt bold font. So no, it's not abandoned yet.

Hmm? How? I've been using it in my each project, didn't notice it corrupt any of my projects.

Could you give more details on what happened? I could try finding out what happened.

Best regards

2. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Hi,

I think the corruption occurred because of interaction with other tools sold by other developers. I use UMotion for some things and VertexShaders. I usually get VertexShaders messages when something breaks while using Skele. I don't have exact steps to reproduce this but can tell you that this only happens when I'm using Skele and not other third party tools. So I don't have the exact steps to reproduce this.

Also when I use Constraint Manager and then remove it (after I'm done) and then remove Skele from my project I get error messages that Constraint Manager is referencing a script that is no longer there, but there is no Constraint Manager Game Object in the scene anywhere. When I click in the console error message the Game Object reference shows up in the inspector but I can't find it anywhere in the scene. Like invisible GameObject that is there but is not accessible from the scene anywhere. The Game Object name is Constraint Manager. So bunch of weird things happening, and I don't really have exact steps to reproduce it. It does however happen when I'm using Skele and not when I'm using other tools like Texture Adjustment from Vertex Shaders. I know this is not very helpful but this is all I got.

Regards.

3. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Hi, JesterGameCraft,

Thanks for your feedback,

Such things happen when 3rd-party extensions having classes put into global namespace.
    If there's error msg callstack, it would be easier to identify the exact callsite for that.
    But in many cases, it would be something common names like "Action", "Option" be used by 3rd-party extension.
    http://www.tmpxyz.com/Skele/docs/84...pilation-errors-when-import-the-skele-package

Yes, the ConstraintManager is by default hidden in hierarchy.
    Here I just made an editor tool to fix the hidden status for hierarchy, if you ever need to change the hideFlags without coding in future.

Usage:
    * Put the "UnhideEditor.cs" in Assets/Editor(or any editor dir), and call it from "Tools/HideFlagsEditor" in Menu.
    * Input the name of GameObject, it will list all the GameObjects with the names, and you could modify the HideFlags with the popup.

upload_2018-4-10_15-18-38.png

Best regards,

Attached Files:

4. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

Thank You. I’ll give it a go. Regards.

5. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I'm trying to have a simulate a building that gets its windows shot out. I know I could just delete faces in the mesh and put temporary meshes that I then hide the renderers when necessary, but I don't want the additional draw calls associated with meshes that will need to be hidden.

I want to use your Mesh Manipulator to create morphs for a mesh (a building with 15k vertices and 10k triangles). To push back windows and will manually change the value of the morphs in (Morph Proc) thru my own scripts directly from 0 to 100...no in between values. (I will keep the meshcache option checked)

My question is this:
    Is there any additional overhead for having the mesh in the scene when it has be manipulated with the Mesh Manipulator? I just want to make sure that its the same as a normal mesh in terms of performance while the values in Mesh Proc aren't being changed.

EDIT
    After looking into this more. I don't think this will work as I want to have the mesh static batched.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. pdinklag

pdinklag

Hey!
    I am using Unity 2018.2.0b4 (beta), because I depend on bugfix that didn't make it into Unity 2018.1 for some reason, but is fixed in 2018.2.

Skele isn't working properly in 2018.2 beta. It was fine in 2017.3, I have not tried 2018.1.

The following seems broken:
    • When in edit mode, the GUI does not work properly. In "Low DPI" mode, I can't see it at all, in "High DPI" mode, I can see it alright, but it's in the middle of the viewport instead of the bottom right, rendering me unable to do any work (see screenshot).
    • IK is no longer usable. When I go into IK mode and select a bone, e.g. a hand, the position gizmo is being displayed, but it does not react to any mouse input at all, i.e. I can't drag it to move the bone etc.
    Rotating bones in FK mode works fine. I get not error messages, only a bit of log output about Skele instantiating the CCD solver.

Is the issue known already? Anybody successfully running Skele in 2018.1?

EDIT:
    I just tried 2018.1.1f1 and Skele works fine in there. Since I make my animations in a separate project, I can use that for now.

So maybe take this as a hint that 2018.2 may change things. :) Or maybe it's just unstable.

EDIT:
    2018.2 is released, and the issue remains in the release version. So it's something that needs updating.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    Dreamaster likes this.
  7. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Hi, is it possible to create morph blendshapes between two different .fbx, for example one character fbx and the same character with bigger arms?

8. gamegirl1984

gamegirl1984

Hello, I just bought this but am having a hard time getting the food IK to come over with the new tweaked animation clip. I just followed the tutorial on how to edit an animation and its working, just doesn't have IK. Please help.

9. pdinklag

pdinklag

I can now confirm this for the release version of Unity 2018.2. :(

10. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

Ever since installing this plugin, I can't see the bounds of the Skinned Mesh Renderer when its selected. Is there a way to get this functionality back?

11. oprishka

oprishka

it works in 2018 ? i make game and need QTE )))
    Any tutorial QTE use ?

12. pdinklag

pdinklag

Did you try in 2018.1? It works fine for me there.

I reported issues with 2018.2 in mid May already, but there has been no author activity here since April... TMPxyz, are you still there?

13. chelnok

chelnok

I think @TMPxyz mentioned it here, but didn't find the post. Here's the info from asset store page:

So at least it's not deprecated, but i guess there won't be support until 2018 LTS version. I suppose i could use this with 2017.x or 2018.1 and export the animations. They should work with any version of unity, right?

14. pdinklag

pdinklag

Ah, never noticed that. That's good to know! :)

That's practically what I'm doing - I'm building my animations in a separate 2018.1 project for Skele, while my main project uses the latest Unity version. Works just fine!

chelnok likes this.
  15. AKQJ10

AKQJ10

@TMPxyz Thanks a lot for this great tool.
    I have a question about the DAE exporter tool. We have a model and a unity generated animation clip. The rotation curve on one bone is like this: upload_2018-10-9_16-28-26.png
    But after exported to .DAE file, the clip inside the newly generated DAE file is showing the same bone's rotation as:
    upload_2018-10-9_16-31-57.png
    Only the yellow curve (Rotaion.y) is wrong. It's correct value is around 175, but several key frames have the value dropped to -175. And it has fewer key frames (automatic compression maybe?) I can send you a sample project if necessary. I am using Unity Pro 5.6.4 on a Windows 10 x64 PC.

BTW, our goal is using some c# scripts to generate movement curves on one particular bone inside the Unity editor. Export to a .dae file, so it can be opened in Max or Maya. Then the artist can copy the curves back to the original model to do more modifications.

I'd really appreciate it if you can take a look and maybe give me some hint about how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

hopeful likes this.
  16. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

Support for this asset suspended until the end of 2018. So we are now in 2019 are you guys return to it?

hopeful likes this.
  17. Desert-Tiger-Games

Desert-Tiger-Games

I guess we can say they will not return to work on this asset. At least still usable with previous version of Unity.

18. Gua

Gua

Since Skele is no longer supported. Can someone recommend an alternative?

I already have Umotion Pro, but I don't like itm cause it's so complex, that every time I need to use it and I need to rewatch video tutorials, cause I forgot how to use it.

I also have Very Animation and I don't like it at all, it has some weird limitations and I have a hard time achieving anything in it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    pdinklag likes this.
  19. pdinklag

pdinklag

I switched to Very Animation, and for my use-cases it works a lot better than Skele, the (almost) perfect solution really.

I need to create retargetable animations within Unity, with no external tools. I don't want to export them, I just want them to work for Unity humanoids. VA saves animations as Mecanim muscle animations directly as an animation clip, so there is no need to export to Collada and re-import, which I had to do for every animation in Skele. So basically VA shortened my workflow extremely, reduced errors caused by re-importing and also gave me much smaller file sizes because the anim clips files don't contain the original model.

What's true though is that the UI needs some getting used to. However, once you did get used to it, it's very straightforward to use actually.

In UMotion, I never managed to get a working animation out of it, albeit me being ready to read manuals. I also like its interface even less.

schmosef likes this.
  20. christougher

christougher

Bump! just checking if TMPxyz plans on picking up support again...