Search Unity

Skate and Skate Park Physics

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by gustavorino, Jul 14, 2009.

1. gustavorino

gustavorino

Hi guys!

I'm having serious problems trying to simulate skate physics.

I'am using a shape with 4 wheels colliders to simulate the skate. The skater is simulated with a box collider using a Character Joint connected to the skate.

To simulate impulse, i use addRelativeForce(force,0,0). To simulate rotation i use transform.Rotate(0,r,0);

Problem 1 - ok.. this works with a good realism but sometimes the skate flips. How can i avoid skate flipping?

Problem 2 - How can i simulate the physics when the skate jump into a Half Pipe ?( just like tony hawks game )

Preview - http://lab.fdd.com.br/skate/test.html

Thankss!!! [/url]

2. magwo

magwo

I think you need to be a lot more specific.

3. gustavorino

gustavorino

4. Armagon

Armagon

I think that you should start with a lot more simple project. You're not going to get physics from Tony Hawk games without making a LOT of custom programming.

5. gustavorino

gustavorino

Yeah.. i know i cant get the same result and i dont want that...I just want a little better physics..

Half pipe jump - i know its not easy to get the same result of Tony Hawks game. But i would like to know if exists an easy way to simulate a better physics. ( my ideia is to use a Configurable joint while the skate is on air to prevent some type of rotation and transation , what do you think? )