Search Unity

Site Critique

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yellowlabrador, Sep 3, 2006.

1. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Hi All,

Doing a test run on a web site.
    Just wanted to know if it's good enough.
    Also, if you want to have a link of your site added on my link page, let me know, We can exchange links. :D

www.mantarayinteractive.net

Thanks,
    Ray

2. louis

louis

Looks fine. However your punctuation, spelling and grammar is not.
    It's always worth reading your text back out loud to yourself - I'm guessing
    you're a native english speaker so you should easily spot the errors.

3. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Nice work!

One suggestion:

I find those round buttons directly below a square form a bit disturbing.
    They connect nicely to the rounded text below, but not to the logo-bar above. They seem a bit lost, though. So, i would suggest to change the buttons to a square form or the Logo-Type to a more round one, so that they integrate more into the overall looks. Or just make those round buttons part of the Logo. That would work also.

4. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Re reading everything back and forth and found a lot of errors, will correct it :D

English is actually my second language, I just need to learn how to speak and write it properly.

@Alpha-Loup
    Trying to connect the buttons below the logo banner but it's not coming out right, maybe will make it a square or something.

Thanks,
    Ray

5. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

You could allign the buttons to the Arc in wich "Video Games" is written and simply loose the yellow box arround MantaRay Interactive. There are lots of ways to get this conforming. Anyhow... its only my opinion. Dont feel pressed to change anything...

6. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Nope, Your the 2nd one that mentioned the button looking like it's lost.
    So, I'm just trying to experiment and just see.

Ray

7. sr

sr

the navigation structure is good and makes sense, but i think the colours are way too contrasty, which makes the page look kinda cheap. using hard colour contrast is like screaming for attention (think about the supermarkets), and i think you don't really need that. after all it's a website and the viewer already found it.

so maybe you could lower the contrast (for example, make the background dark-grey) and concentrate on a more tightened colourscheme. instead of bright yellow, bright blue and bright green you could use shades of one colour and maybe accentuate with another.

you could also try using a colour scheme creator like http://colorblender.com. i think it could look way "happier" than it is now.

8. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

I agree too bright, I guess that's why my eye started to twitch while working on it. Thanks for the link, Went back to the original button colors for now, will play with it again sometime this week.

Thanks,
    Ray