Search Unity

Singular Point Light VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by EnlightenedOne, Apr 28, 2017.

1. EnlightenedOne

EnlightenedOne

Hi VR People,

Using Unity 5.6.0f3 with Google VR SDK attempting to get a single Realtime point light to render on both eyes. I can see it is feasible here:

I cannot get a single point light to render to both eyes properly (always the left eye never the right). I have tried numerous things to invert the problem and try and isolate it, I checked the frame debugger and tried all sorts of varying light configurations.

My example project is just a copy of the Google VR sample projects:

Do I need to work on an older version of Unity for stable VR activity?

Kind Regards,
    Enlightened One

2. bart_the_13th

bart_the_13th

3. EnlightenedOne

EnlightenedOne

Hi Bart,

I did not specifically check all the build configurations quality settings to ensure every one had more than a single point light setup. For the editor pointed at oculus I set the max lights to 4, 7 and 9 added 1-4 lights to the scene and found that I could get 1-4 lights to render to the left eye but no light comes through on the right eye even with 1 point light and quality set to draw 4.

If I open the frame debugger I can see the right eye is rendering the light pass and redrawing the meshes from the scene the problem appears to be that there is zero light contribution at this stage, in the left eye I can see the light pass behaving as expected. Everything is setup to render forward.

Any other hints?

Thanks,
    EnlightenedOne