Search Unity

Single Player vs Multiplayer Scripts

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Kiesco91, May 25, 2021.

1. Kiesco91

Kiesco91

Morning All,

Im working on my first multiplayer game. nothing big, just a 2 player co op game. ive decided to use Photon PUN which is working great for a lobby, spawning characters with syncing movements etc. my question is kind of a 2 part question.

Part A: my player is a prefab in the Resources folder of my project. On the player script, i have:

public gameObject _key:

the key is placed in the world but i cant drag that key from my hierarchy to the slot on the script in the inspector. do i need this to be a prefab in the resources folder aswell? ive done this in a single player game and have got it working easily without problems so not sure why i cant assign it now.

Part B: im trying to get an inventory system to work. just a simple bar at the bottom of the screen with 5 slots that when i pick something up, it goes to an inventory slot. again, ive done this with a single player and it worked but i feel the scripting will be different as there are 2 people with 2 separate inventories. ive looked at the Photon Documentation but cant really find anything discussing this. i saw maybe i need Photon BOLT or Photon Realtime. could someone point me in the right direction for this?