Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Single Pass Instanced Stereo Rendering Support for Text Mesh Pro?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by topsekret, Jun 5, 2018.

1. topsekret

topsekret

Text Mesh Pro does not seem to support Single Pass Instanced Stereo Rendering. With this setting enabled, I only see text in the left eye.

I am using Unity 2017.3.1p4 and Text Mesh Pro 1.0.54 (according to the user guide pdf).

Is there an updated version of Text Mesh Pro that supports this? If not, are there plans to support Single Pass Instanced Stereo Rendering in the future?

2. topsekret

topsekret

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This is something that I need to look into which will most likely require modified shaders.

I'll try to get you an update sometime next week.

4. topsekret

topsekret

I started messing around with one of the shaders and got it working. But it would be nice to have official support.

Thanks for looking into this!

5. Merichbier

Merichbier

Bump, Is there any help I could get to make the TMP_SDF-Mobile.shader works with Single Pass Instanced Stereo Rendering

6. FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

Have we come up with a solution for this? I can't seem to find anything online, I have managed to get it to display using the mobile distance field surface shader.... but the color is rather dark for my liking, even at maximum brightness.

7. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

See the following post which includes a user modified shader.

I haven't had time to personally look into this yet but hopefully the link above will prove useful.

8. RMGK

RMGK

+1 on official support