Search Unity

Single pass Instanced and post process

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by AnKOu, Apr 24, 2020.

1. AnKOu

AnKOu

Hi, I have a VR project under Unity 2018.4.2. In order to get acceptable performances, I need to use the Single Pass Instanced mode.
    But once I active it my Post Process stop working. Instead, the screen display a full screen white solid color.
    I downloaded the post process from the package manager in version 2.3.0.

Is there any workaround ?

2. Jonas-Neuston

Jonas-Neuston

I also have a white screen in VR when running in Single Pass Instanced mode. Unity 2019.4.5f1 and Post Processing package 2.3.0.

3. PPreda

PPreda

Its still a thing :(

4. EntertainmentEnterprise

EntertainmentEnterprise

I've been trying to fix this for a bit but I think I finally found the solution. I am going to try it now, but it's outlined here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SinglePassInstancing.html

I have to do this for like 30.shadera just to make the errors go away on an empty project, so if it makes them go away I'll also see if it makes them work. Good luck, hope this helps us both haha!

5. PPreda

PPreda

6. EntertainmentEnterprise

EntertainmentEnterprise

Still working on it. I had to change the _CameraDepthTexture too to make them stop throwing errors in the first place. I'm working on a reflection probe right now to make AQUAS work with URP right now and am implementing these fixes as well at the same time... Hopefully I'll have an answer tonight? Or a week from now? It just depends on how many additional problems I run into during the process, which in my case, usually means about a billion lol.

7. DinosCharmGames

DinosCharmGames

The latest on the V2 branch of the github repo will get you one eye working with post process but that's still not good enough. I can't find any official mention of what the expected compatibility should be of Single Pass Instanced and Post Processing V2. Can someone from Unity please comment on this so we know what we should expect?