Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Single File HTML Size Optimisations - Playable AD

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by tommyp_unity, Nov 6, 2020.

1. tommyp_unity

tommyp_unity

I am looking to develop playable ads for the Facebook Ad Network and have been experimenting with Project Tiny 0.31 to see if it is possible.
    Facebook is asking for a single HTML file with a size less <2MB for uploading.
    I have been using the default Tiny2D example project to understand exporting and uploading though even with such a basic project and almost a blank scene I cannot reduce the size of the .html file to < 2.5MB.
    Am I doing something wrong or missing something obvious?

2. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

There are optimizations still on our list, but are you able to use a "Playable zip" as described here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/412951382532338 ?

Those limits are much better:
    • The total size of uploaded files may not exceed 5MB.
    • The number of files inside the bundle may not exceed 100.
    • The size of index.html file should not exceed 2MB.
    and you don't pay the expansion cost of converting every asset to base64 for a single-file ad.

3. tommyp_unity

tommyp_unity

Thank you for such a quick reply!
    I will give that a go. I have seen other comments about having a place in project settings where you can enter the store addresses, I am unable to find this option?

With playable ads and instant gaming being something that has a big future would there be a possibility for some more support/documentation being made?